Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Man that looks great on F8 Green. Just beautiful. Being retired military, I think that's cool they are offering 500 off for current and retired military.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
I had just talked myself out of getting a new SP. But it is $500 off...so,um,er....damn.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Niiiice!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Really.....$1995 extra for a small stripe and an embroidered star on the seat? What else is there? Sorry, but I'm not buying it and I'm a veteran.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Really.....$1995 extra for a small stripe and an embroidered star on the seat? What else is there? Sorry, but I'm not buying it and I'm a veteran.
The interior sees a host of upgrades, too, with a mix of gloss black and bronze accents, stitching, and trim pieces throughout. There's also cloth seats which I wouldn't personally get especially for that price...

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's priced about right for the content compared to what they usually charge.

The visual changes include a satin black and silver accent center stripe, satin black American Flag fender decals, 20-inch black wheels, and black trim badging. Bronze four-piston Brembo brake calipers are also included on all Scat Packs, and also on GT and R/T models equipped with the Performance Handling Group. The interior sees a host of upgrades, too, with a mix of gloss black and bronze accents, stitching, and trim pieces throughout.

Available car colors are Destroyer Grey, F8 Green, Granite Crystal, IndiGo Blue, Maximum Steel, Octane Red, Pitch Black, Triple Nickel, and White Knuckle.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,340 Posts
Steve Beahm, FCA's head of passenger car brands in North America, summed it up as follows: "The Stars & Stripes Edition is an opportunity to deliver a custom look with unique elements that speak to those performance enthusiasts who want to extend their passion for their country to the Charger and Challenger."

Note- The Challenger and Charger are being shown at the New York Auto Show.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Looks cool and I like that Dodges is the first to offer something like this. Bronze Brembos look sweet on F8 with black rims. I am not sure that I would jump at this, especially for the package price, but look forward to seeing some on the road soon.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Stripe packages and “special” editions keeps it fresher. Aging platforms need something, new generations have been pushed back and who knows if and when they will come out.

The cars still sell so investment in new generations doesn’t come. The danger here is if sales drop, they may say why invest in a car that makes us no money. Accountants are running FCA and this may be a bad thing for Dodge.

Until then, I look forward to the 50th anniversary decal package next year, (and maybe a different engine)

I do like these stripes and would like to see the different colours. Whether it’s worth it, is for each buyer to decide for themselves.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Wonder what it would cost to add all that stars and stripes to mine.. lol

That's definitely a hot car. Exactly why I bought this color.

I hate vinyl though, was looking at a red T/A but it had vinyl all over it for a bit cheaper then mine and it had more bells and whistles.....

I said to the salesman are they going to cover every part of this vinyl and hes like they should.... nope bought the one I wanted instead.

·
Registered
460 Posts
As an active duty military member, saw the headline, and a whole lot of Hell Yeah, saw the description and pictures, whole lot of MEH, for me. I think they could have done a bit more, and what’s with all the bronzed out stuff...bronze is represented virtually nowhere in the military, except Bronze Star medals...

·
Registered
404 Posts
That’s hot. I like this merely because of the stripes and the interior stuff. You can’t get a stripe on a Challenger from the factory anymore apparently.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
15 Participants
gameofyou
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing