Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please forgive because im pretty green to the modern mopars.... i bought used REN and the start up screen shows chysler....seller said it came out of his 2010 challenger and i have a 2012 rt

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
im not mopar illiterate but the newer stuff im just not used to the modern touch screen stuff

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
I have heard others say that the screen will change to Dodge in a couple of days.
Just saw that it came from another Challenger, sorry. Did the seller mention if the screen showed the Dodge logo?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it wasnt mentioned and i didnt think to ask. the radio works great. ive heard that itll change on its own as well... i havent had it but two-three days so maybe it will change over. nice weeks btw lol

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Depents on the module thing that controls the unit. You may have a Chrysler part in your Dodge. I had the same issue with my previous 13 RT. I had 3 different radios and they all showed Chrysler after they switched. One showed Jeep then switched to Chrysler. I put all these radios in a buddys car and they all showed Dodge. Its the car communication with the radio.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same happened to me after the dealer replaced my radio, came up Jeep. The dealer pulled the radio fuse for 5 minutes to re-marry the radio to the car. Worked like a charm!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Happened to me as well. First time the radio started, the Jeep Logo showed up. The next time, it had switched to the Dodge Logo.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its been a week now and still shows up chrysler...should i pull the radio fuse to see if that does the trick?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.