Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I couldn't help it, I said I was done throwing $ into the car and I lied to myself apparently. I bought the engine dress up from Billet Tech, Got rid of the R/T nose badge and installed the Mopar one with matching gas cap, Mopar exhaust tips, Hurst short throw pistol shifter, removed all the Rams heads, 345 Hemi hood emblems, cool mirror decal and I still have some finishing touches to do. I still have to paint the rotor hub, clean up the suspension, install the new speakers I bought and install the 180 jet stat. I painted the steering wheel inserts and the Hurst pistol handle to match though I may change the color. I also removed the Rams head and installed the Mopar insert to match the top of the shift handle. My car is still dirty, but enjoy the pics!!

·
Banned
675 Posts
nice! I have the pistol grip in my car, i love it!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FastRT09- I bought the decal on ebay.

Vpoint2010- I didn't have to remove the steering wheel like some did. With some plastic pry tools gently lift up the badge, you'll see it being held in place by three points. What I did was make a very small incision with a exacto knife around the three points while I had the pry tools lifting the badge. Theres 3 little metal washers holding the badge to the steering wheel. With a little finesse and caution you should be able to pry out it out washers intact through the incisions.

Before putting the new badge in, make sure the surface is pretty flush and nothing is sticking out so the badge sits evenly. I found the adhesive on the new badge to be pretty crappy so I used a few dabs of super glue to hold it better. And finally, buy a few badges in case you mess up, there pretty cheap. I may make my own custom badge soon with a resin kit once I get bored with my current one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts