Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got one wheel's pockets powder coated black.
I have three more to go, but it has been sloooooowwww...

I'll probably go with custom Billet Technology center caps and some black chrome gorilla lug nuts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've been think of doing this to my stock 18s for a couple months. That looks great and I will being doing the same soon. Thanks for posting the pics of that, you just made up my mind.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
kudos that looks great. Takes a very nice looking wheel and makes it look awesome :bigthumb:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Where ya at on this, OA?
They got a big US Navy job that up me on the "back burner".
Hopefully, they'll at least have them stripped by Friday. I'll drive by and see.

But lately I have purchased and received black Gorilla lug nuts.
And received Billet Technology black anodized center caps with the Mopar "M" engraved.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
center caps and lugs really pulls the whole thing together...great idea :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Those do look great!:bigthumb: So great, in fact, that I've been searching for them but have been unsuccessful:disgust: Does anyone know if these style rims w/black pockets are available in 18" size???? I've found them in 20's, but really wanted the 18's.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Those do look great!:bigthumb: So great, in fact, that I've been searching for them but have been unsuccessful:disgust: Does anyone know if these style rims w/black pockets are available in 18" size???? I've found them in 20's, but really wanted the 18's.
I don't think that Chrysler has that style 18's that are coated with black pockets.
I'm having my stock ones that had silver pockets powder coated with black pockets @ $150 per wheel.
At this time I have three completed. Just one to go (hope to get it this week)

·
Registered
754 Posts
Great idea.

Really brings out the definition on these wheels.
Can't wait to see a shot of them mounted on the car.

·
Registered
236 Posts
They got a big US Navy job that up me on the "back burner".
Hopefully, they'll at least have them stripped by Friday. I'll drive by and see.

But lately I have purchased and received black Gorilla lug nuts.
And received Billet Technology black anodized center caps with the Mopar "M" engraved.

Terry, I'm I missing something? In the above pics is that the stock paint/ finish of the wheel ? I have a 2012 and have been wanting to do this but I don't think my stock 18's have the same finish. Great job btw! :bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
15,598 Posts
Terry, I'm I missing something? In the above pics is that the stock paint/ finish of the wheel ? I have a 2012 and have been wanting to do this but I don't think my stock 18's have the same finish. Great job btw! :bigthumb:
Your '12 18" wheels (this started in mid '10 production, IIRC) the spokes and pockets all got the silver metallic paint.

The '09 to early '10 wheels had silver met. painted pockets and machine spoke faces (here's a shot of mine for demo purposes): the 3rd image is an '11 18" to illustrate the all painted wheel, as they're done now.

(I had 'cleaner' pictures, so I've re-posted new images)

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Your '12 18" wheels (this started in mid '10 production, IIRC) the spokes and pockets all got the silver metallic paint.

The '09 to early '10 wheels had silver met. painted pockets and machine spoke faces (here's a shot of mine for demo purposes):
Thanks for the info Hal!

·
Super Moderator
15,598 Posts
If you look at my image post (new pictues posted), it illustrates the early style 18" vs. the later, fully-painted version better.

I needed to put cleaner wheel images up!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts