Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Infiniti and Corvette both have a slot in which to insert the key fob if the fob battery is dead, so that you can still start the engine. I just realized that my new-to-me 2015 Challenger does not have such a slot. I checked the manual, and it says to put the nose end of the fob (the opposite end from the emergency key) against the engine start button and press.

My fob is working fine, but I like to be prepared, so I wonder if anyone has tried this. Yes, I could remove the fob battery and do a test, but it's easier to ask here, and I'd just like to hear any comments about how well this works.

·
Super Moderator
15,356 Posts
My Infiniti and Corvette both have a slot in which to insert the key fob if the fob battery is dead, so that you can still start the engine. I just realized that my new-to-me 2015 Challenger does not have such a slot. I checked the manual, and it says to put the nose end of the fob (the opposite end from the emergency key) against the engine start button and press.

My fob is working fine, but I like to be prepared, so I wonder if anyone has tried this. Yes, I could remove the fob battery and do a test, but it's easier to ask here, and I'd just like to hear any comments about how well this works.
You'll get warning messages of

Fob Battery Low

Fob Not Detected

before the battery goes dead. So there's warning messages before you get that far.

My parents have a '09 Camry that gives similar messages, so you don't have a non-working fob before it gets to that point.

Your new acquisition - it did come with both fobs, correct? There should have been two of them - as that's what is issued with every one when new.

If not, I'd get a 2nd one just to have a backup. I swap back and forth between the two at the end of each month.

Also - you'll want to store you fobs 8+ feet away - otherwise the fobs stay in communication with the vehicle and the batteries will run down.

My fob batteries are 27+ months old and are working fine.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,824 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Manual start 2016 dodge challenger (dead keyfob) - YouTube

Awesome! THAT is the reply I was hoping for. That's pretty much how I envisioned it, but foreknowledge is always helpful.

I bet there are lots of Challenger owners who don't know about this feature.

Thanks a lot, A Guy.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,824 Posts
You're welcome ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
151 Posts
Another thing to know... UNDER the coin/oddment tray next to your shifter is the manual parking gear release. Incase your engine ever stops running (gas) and you need to push it, you can release the transmission parking gear there.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,824 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Great info, I wondered what the 15+ guys would do in an emergency. I love that my 13 has the Push button removable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts