Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a rather strange problem with my 2010 SE and would really appreciate some feedback. I got in the car the other day and the check engine, brake, etc.etc. lights were all lit on the instrument panel. I inserted the key to start it and it wouldn`t crank, so I put a charge on the battery. Started fine and I thought all was good until I tried to shut off the engine. I turned it off. I took out the key and the engine kept running and ran until I pulled the fuse. This happens every time I get in the car except that it does start normally. I can put it in gear and drive it without a key after I start it and the only way to kill the engine is to pull the fuse. I bought this car new so I know there are no aftermarket parts on it. I do not have remote start and I can not figure out what is going on. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this before?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,070 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Sounds like a bad ignition switch/ win module it will need to be installed and programmed at the dealer, as a guy suggested have them run the vin it may be covered although you would have recieved a recall notice. If the recall was previously performed it will still be covered

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
APOLOGY and UPDATE

I posted about my 2010 still running after I turn off and remove key and having to pull a fuse to kill engine. I want to say thanks for the replies to my post..I took the car in to the dealership and paid them $95.00 to tell me that they wanted $1195.00 to replace the ignition control module, said thanks but no thanks, brought it back home and tore into the dash. I figured I`d pull it out and replace it myself and then find a dealer for the keys. Anyway I pulled it and decided to play around with it a little.Thinking well, maybe something in it was stuck or not making connection..I drilled a hole in it, got some Qtips and alcohol...crazy huh?...About 45 minutes later I plugged it back in and that was about a month ago.Cars been starting, stopping and running fine and I saved myself $1195...Cheap fix and hey if they say it has to be replaced anyway, it can`t hurt anything to try this first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts