Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,287 Posts
Wonder if this was a seized unit.....or did they have some dastardly amount of money left over from their fiscal year that they had to dump ASAP?

Hey @Nuke

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
11,223 Posts
Wonder if this was a seized unit.....or did they have some dastardly amount of money left over from their fiscal year that they had to dump ASAP?

Hey @Nuke
I like it!

I’ll start saving my money now so I can get it when they retire it and auction it off!

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye
703 Posts
Just because it's has red/blue lights doesn't mean it's officially a police vehicle, if it was a actual police vehicle the side runners would be blue as well.

I've never seen a police vehicle that has running lights other than blue.
I think it's bullshit, all the late model police vehicles run white and blue lights.

·
Registered
18,301 Posts
I remember when police lights were nothing to brag about. Now they are very nicely done and have a cool factor...Until they are behind you
Except for Michigan!

No really, I kinda like the simple look. Sometimes police cars today have so many strobes and LEDs going that you get blinded when you go by, might be safer with less.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I'll be the Debbie-Downer here. That's a waste of tax payer $$$. Why do we even need this? Tell me what this can do that a 3.6L V6 Charger police car can't do? Or a group of V6 Chargers. The most powerful device on a police car is the radio.

The LEO driving this is likely get himself hurt on duty chasing a bad guy.

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye
703 Posts
I'll be the Debbie-Downer here. That's a waste of tax payer $$$. Why do we even need this? Tell me what this can do that a 3.6L V6 Charger police car can't do? Or a group of V6 Chargers. The most powerful device on a police car is the radio.

I'm pretty sure law enforcement isn't buying these cars but they're being seized. JMO

I agree, people think they can hop into a high-performance, high horsepower vehicle and drive it. These cars require experience.

People need to remember that “some” brand new Hellcat buyers never make it home leaving the dealership.

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye
703 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts

Car was seized not bought. Radio does not always work to catch them.

And LEOs go through a hell of alot more driving schooling than any of your normal street people. And for those who get higher rated cars typically get training to go with it.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Let's play this out a bit. Bad guy is in a 4 cylinder Toyota Camry. The HC police car pulls up. He will either 1. Give up. He saw the HC emblem and said "I give up." Slows down, stop, hands on the dash, ready for the handcuff, because the Camry is stolen.

2. Push the Camry to 110MPH and crash on the highway. Endangering someone, himself, and tax payer has to pay for his medical care.

I rather see the HC go to auction and buy new 2022 Charger Pursuit + a nice Christmas party with good food.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Let's play this out a bit. Bad guy is in a 4 cylinder Toyota Camry. The HC police car pulls up. He will either 1. Give up. He saw the HC emblem and said "I give up." Slows down, stop, hands on the dash, ready for the handcuff, because the Camry is stolen.

2. Push the Camry to 110MPH and crash on the highway. Endangering someone, himself, and tax payer has to pay for his medical care.

I rather see the HC go to auction and buy new 2022 Charger Pursuit + a nice Christmas party with good food.
A person who is going to run in a Camry is not going to care one bit what is chasing them they will run. Rather it be a HC or a V6 Challenger.

So kinda straw man argument there.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts