Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal to have steam come out of the radiator compartment after a touch free car wash? If so, how long does it last? I've never had this happen to any other car, so just a little concerned. Tried the search, but nothing came up.

BTW awesome forum. I just got my 2010 Bright White R/T January 5th. I'm driving it all winter but cannot wait to "open it up" in the Spring. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
466 Posts
yes it is, you have cold water being sprayed against a hot radiator, nothing to worry about

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the fast replies. Seemed like a "common sense" question (was hesitant to ask), but I never saw this with any other car (including my C5 Z06), so was concerned the undercarriage wash knocked a hose or something.

·
Registered
42 Posts
^^^What they said^^^^^ Happens every time I use a touchless car wash. It freaked me out at first too but it's normal.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Yes this is normal. Happens to my car as well.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
All is ok just don't spray cold winter water on a 220 hot engine.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Automatic car washes make me cringe, almost as much as seeing people use those brushes on their paint and then wonder why they have swirl marks.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
She's just a HOT car!

·
Registered
209 Posts
The technical term for the steam is 'pent up fury waiting to be released'. Just so you know.

·
Registered
133 Posts
im glad im part of this fourm .. this just happen to me .... i thought something was wrong. i only have 900 miles on my car ... i got scared...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Automatic car washes make me cringe, almost as much as seeing people use those brushes on their paint and then wonder why they have swirl marks.
Does it make you cringe more when I go through the auto wash, or when I drive through all the snow and salt slush crap? :jester:

·
Registered
6,341 Posts

Touchless is the only way my car ever gets washed. No swirls when nothing is rubbing against the paint.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts