Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
Challenger
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was as work todaylooking at alldata and wanted to know what recalls have come up for a 04/10se and low and behold I saw what I was looking for.They made 300 cars without stearing wheel audio controlls and make a recall kit that has switches and wireing harrness as a kit but you have to have the correct res rer.The install requires removall of the air bag and changing the small harness that connects to the horn and main harness.I called dodge parts and have in stock but he wanted the sales code for the radio I wasnt sure so I will get back to him and find out the price and what sales code work for this kit
I am posting this to find out if anyone has done this or heard of it?
I own a 2010 se torred red with 20" in srt rims,chrome fuel cap with updated fuel emblem to challenger from billett tech, black oem style spoiler,se6 eblem, magnaflow16500 dual exhaust with quad tips,deablo preadator running 93oct.
I have done these mods spread out over 6 mths.and love the way it looks just like a SRT-6.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I was as work todaylooking at alldata and wanted to know what recalls have come up for a 04/10se and low and behold I saw what I was looking for.They made 300 cars without stearing wheel audio controlls and make a recall kit that has switches and wireing harrness as a kit but you have to have the correct res rer.The install requires removall of the air bag and changing the small harness that connects to the horn and main harness.I called dodge parts and have in stock but he wanted the sales code for the radio I wasnt sure so I will get back to him and find out the price and what sales code work for this kit
I am posting this to find out if anyone has done this or heard of it?
I own a 2010 se torred red with 20" in srt rims,chrome fuel cap with updated fuel emblem to challenger from billett tech, black oem style spoiler,se6 eblem, magnaflow16500 dual exhaust with quad tips,deablo preadator running 93oct.
I have done these mods spread out over 6 mths.and love the way it looks just like a SRT-6.
Sounds great but I'm not sure what a SRT-6 challenger looks like since they don't exist.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I have heard of that recall but didn't think much about it because I have mine. If you need to find out what radio you have I have a link that you can look the part # that's in your radio info menu to the sales code if you want it. I can't be any more help than that.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
it is his version of an SRT/6.

adding the remote steering wheel controls is fairly easy. the sales code is RDZ. they will work any factory radio, even the RER.
the sales code for the RER radio is guess what, RER. there is no programming with the RER radio. the dealer will add the sales code just for warranty work.

·
Registered
712 Posts

adding the remote steering wheel controls is fairly easy. the sales code is RDZ. ( they will work any factory radio ), even the RER.
the sales code for the RER radio is guess what, RER. there is no programming with the RER radio. the dealer will add the sales code just for warranty work.
Just enough to peak my interest but not enough to say for sure. What about the REQ? :scratchhead:

·
Registered
438 Posts

adding the remote steering wheel controls is fairly easy. the sales code is RDZ. they will work any factory radio, even the RER.
Would you mind sharing how to do this. I traded my 300 that had them didn't realize how much I used them until I did not have them.

·
Registered
143 Posts
if this mod can be done.... Im all ears..

I want the controls on my steering wheel!

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Banned
Challenger
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
steering wheel audio controls

Thanks to ss dodge input I installed the steering wheel audio switches and turned on by the dealer.
The part number I used was CEA0J360AA it came with right/left switch black that do not light up and harness lucky I had the correct SCM my build date is 04/10.
Cost from dealer can range from 28.00-55.00.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Is it safe to say any car built after 4/10 will have the correct scm?

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Is it safe to say any car built after 4/10 will have the correct scm?
every 2010 challenger has the same SCM, so you have the correct one needed. every LX/LC car with factory ESP will have the right SCM. only a handful of rare factory ESP delete cars like mine will need to change the SCM.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
^^ S/S I had one of the first SEs in my area when they first came out... odds are I don't have the right SCM?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thanks to ss dodge input I installed the steering wheel audio switches and turned on by the dealer.
The part number I used was CEA0J360AA it came with right/left switch black that do not light up and harness lucky I had the correct SCM my build date is 04/10.
Cost from dealer can range from 28.00-55.00.
what all did that part# come with? just the switch assy's? i think i'm gonna add this to the Challenger. talking with a friend now on adding the sales code. he's a Dodge techie, so he has the starscan. :D

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
So I just get the switches and pop them in? Then turn on the sales code, and if I'm unlucky then I need the module?

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
So I just get the switches and pop them in? Then turn on the sales code, and if I'm unlucky then I need the module?

the sales code isn't an on switch to enable the switches. it is a code chrysler uses for dealer/factory installed options/features. with the sales code, the dealer will add the RDZ code to your VIN and send a request to chrysler to rewrite your vehicles configuration files for the added option. once chrysler rewrites the code, they send it back to the dealer. and finally, the dealer flashes your car with the updated configuration codes.

also, there is no guess work on if you need a new SCM or not.

if your challenger has ESP, then you have the correct SCM.

if your challenger does NOT have ESP, then you need to change it.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Gotcha, thanks for making it clear, I'm slow lol. =( No esp for me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts