Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Steering Angle Sensor issue_ Anyone has any experience??

6K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  sarge.rudenko 
#1 ·
Hi there. I was working on my steering angle sensor these days. I forgot to fix the position of steering wheel when I removed the steering column so the sensor need to be calibrated. I already calibrated the clock spring. Anyone has any idea about how to put these two gears into their original position (in the steering angle sensor)? I came to the dealer and they just wanted to change the whole module without a little bit thinking of repairing it. ($1100 labor + part)
Any help would be appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
Maybe it makes no difference & when you turn the steering wheel all the way to left & all the way to the right in order to calibrate the sensor that whatever the gears are driving will be automatically reset or "zeroed:in". Just a thought.

#3 ·
I'd make a W.A.G. and point the 2 holes towards each other, as if there was a retainer clip holding them in place before assembly. Or, it probably doesn't matter.
Someone probably has a picture out there of it intact, look for it on any Dodge RWD, Charger/300/Durango/JGC, that type of thing.

#8 ·
On the front I see two holes in the cover and from the back I see a hole in the gears so do they line up if you rotate the gears? Maybe a paper or wire made into a U can span the two holes while keeping those gears in “time” as you reassemble the part.