Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
SRT 392
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here and want to find some help for my 2015 SRT. I just removed the whole steering column to get the ac actuator but careless I messed up the clock spring. All buttons on the steering wheel stopped working after that. From my research the problem should be the clock spring in the steering column control module assembly. But there is no any screws on that thing. I wonder how can I remove the whole steering column control module assembly from the steering shaft? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,987 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You check the chiltons manual via the link below for instructions on how to remove and install the clock spring.

FYI the airbag module is not screwed on but instead there are springy clips/hooks that hold it in place...kind of a pita to take off though.

·
Registered
SRT 392
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum.

You check the chiltons manual via the link below for instructions on how to remove and install the clock spring.

FYI the airbag module is not screwed on but instead there are springy clips/hooks that hold it in place...kind of a pita to take off though.
Thank you so much for reply! And I just fixed the problem by the instruction of this video! And for 2015+ challengers Mopar doesn't sell the clock spring alone any more, they just sell the whole SCCM which is more than $600 OEM. I solve the problem by doing some soldering in the clock spring. Once again thank you for your reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts