Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently drove my buddy's Genesis, of all things, and what made me the most jealous was the steering. Now, it may have just been the first car that I've driven that cares about precise steering feel, but it impressed me. Now I want to upgrade. From what I can tell, SXTs and RTs have hydraulic steering with electric assist and the SRTs have full hydraulic power steering. I'd really like to get a nice tight steering feel. Would it be enough to just upgrade to an SRT rack or is there another option I could consider? Working with a '13 SXT here.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I recently drove my buddy's Genesis, of all things, and what made me the most jealous was the steering. Now, it may have just been the first car that I've driven that cares about precise steering feel, but it impressed me. Now I want to upgrade. From what I can tell, SXTs and RTs have hydraulic steering with electric assist and the SRTs have full hydraulic power steering. I'd really like to get a nice tight steering feel. Would it be enough to just upgrade to an SRT rack or is there another option I could consider? Working with a '13 SXT here.
Bumping up an old thread here because I'm curious too. Are there any differences in the racks between models? I'm looking for a little quicker steering response. Going to try replacing the bushings on the rack as those are the only ones I didn't, but that may not be enough.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,699 Posts
Allpar says:

The steering ratio is 12.3:1; the standard cars have a 37.4 foot turning diameter, with the 392 cars having a 38.8 foot turning diameter.
https://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger/specifications-15.html

The 2015 Hellcat is listed as having a 14.4:1 ratio

You'd think all these specs would be available somewhere. It's one thing to say performance steering to be general, but some people like specs

A Guy

Reactions: silver scat

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
See I found the opposite turning radius you did. I found the Scats have a 39.8' and 392s have a 37.5'

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
414 Posts
Reactions: silver scat
1 - 7 of 7 Posts