Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Steering Wheel Button Issue...

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  HardCase 
#1 ·
I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but when I'm using my XM radio and push the button on the back side of the wheel (the left side of the wheel) that is in the middle (the little one that sticks up) to cycle through my saved stations, it sometimes make the channel jump up one or down one, as if I'd pushed the up or down button instead. I never had this issue with my 2012 R/T, and was wondering if anyone else had a similar issue, or if it was just how it is with the new wheel?

Also, does anyone feel like the stereo isn't as loud as it should be? I don't even really start to hear it until I put it up to "20".
Thanks!

#3 ·
I'm guessing you're maybe not hitting the raised part dead on and instead pushing it in a way that ****s the switch one way or the other, so that it changes a channel up or down one. But by all means have the dealership take a look at it just to double-check.

My sound is pretty audible at anything above 10. I can hear it below that, but it is fainter, obviously. When I stop at a light or whatever, the volume goes down. I think it's programmed to do that. How loud do you mean when you say "starting to hear it."? Are you really unable to hear it below 20, like on 15? If so, there's definitely a problem somewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.