Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT 392 MT
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone come across this issue? Silver trim peeling? I notice multiple replacements for red, black but no OEM shade.Can't find anything online. My SRT only has 13,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
Granite 2015 SXT+ Blacktop
47 Posts
This was also an issue for me on my 2015 SXT. Best thing to do is find a replacement online. I replaced mine with this black trim ring just because it fits the theme of my car more and it isn't as flashy as the carbon fiber or red, and its cheap, only 20 bucks. Keep in mind its meant to go OVER the current ring, not replace it. I made the mistake of ripping out the OEM trim ring and having to fill in the gap it left with 3M trim tape. Looked all over official mopar website but they don't have it clearly listed. I can update with a pic of my steering wheel after I get off work.

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack; 2018 SXT
87 Posts
My 2018 SXT had this issue. It looked like a layer of it (paint?) was peeling. I never used cleaning/detailing products on it so am wondering if it's caused by sun/UV damage. Perhaps scuffing it down and giving it a matte finish would also be an option rather than having to put something over it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.