Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any aftermarket kit available to make the rubber steering wheel look a bit nicer? I dont suppose the old style wrap covers fitthe new fat steering wheels.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wow! Wheelskins are nice.......I just ordered a two tone in grey and charcoal. Man, I can't wait! :)

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
the urathane base steering wheel is ideal for the wheelskin leather. guys using the factory leather wheel and then add the wheelskin leather over that have an impression in the cover where the leather seam is under the new skin.

starting with the urathane wheel gives the best results.

·
Registered
42 Posts
the urathane base steering wheel is ideal for the wheelskin leather. guys using the factory leather wheel and then add the wheelskin leather over that have an impression in the cover where the leather seam is under the new skin.

starting with the urathane wheel gives the best results.
Oh..........I can't believe I've never looked before as the steering wheel is right in front of my face and I have my hands on it all the time but I'n not sure if it's factory leather wrapped or urathane. I can't go out and look at it as I'm working out of state but I'll assume on an SRT it probably is factory leather wrapped. Since I already order the wheel skins cover I'll give it a shot and see how it looks. Thanks S/S Dodge for the heads up. :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Has anyone ever tried to put heat in the steering wheel. So when you turn on the heated seats the steering wheel heats up also. I live in a cold climate

·
Registered
653 Posts
Has anyone ever tried to put heat in the steering wheel. So when you turn on the heated seats the steering wheel heats up also. I live in a cold climate
My friend's '11 grand Cherokee has it as another button in addition to the seat heaters. It's the same steering wheel as the new Challengers so I think it'd be possible to do. The new 300 has it too and they all use the same wheel. Don't know why they didn't put it in the Challenger, not the best move on Dodge's part.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts