Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Yellow Jacket SRT8
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So even though there isn't many 2012 SRT8 Yellow Jacket's 6 speed manual floating around I still wanted something unique just because.
I wanted a fuel door & steering wheel insert, after being told the various places that used to make the billets can't anymore due to no license i started my hunt.

I eventually ended up running into Lefteris Designs / EU decals . I didn't want something that was ' off that rack'
so being that my Chally is a yellowjacket I finally came up with this logo , He tweeked the visuals, a few back n forth discussions for Exact dimensions for a glove like fit.
4 layered slight domed Badge with a thin aluminum base/ backing. 1 for the fuel door, 1 for the steering wheel. and threw in a engine start button Yellow M ( mopar ) logo for free They are done, Just waiting the 3 week shipping customs crap. he is working on a tail light insert, but i haven't decided if its ' Overkill yet, thats the 4th pic - undecided Ill post installed photos when they come . For the steering wheel i plan to use a razor to shave off the Raised Dodge letters so its smooth before application Anyways wanted to share, Feel free to chime in

He was very helpful, and willing to work on anything i threw at him.
1st pic is the actual finalized design, 2nd picture mock up fuel door, 3rd pic mock up steering wheel. 4th - the undecided tail light insert

Attachments

Reactions: georgethedog

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
That's not bad.
I had this one made a while back.
There's also a very long thread dedicated to yellow jackets here. Lots of cool postings.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,670 Posts
It may sound like overkill, but perhaps disconnect the battery while shaving down the steering wheel. Anything around the airbag is not something to take lightly. A Guy

Reactions: bulvoy

·
Registered
2012 Yellow Jacket SRT8
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wasp,
They very nice, I thought about it just wanted somthing a litt more of my own They came out great though, very nice. Was from Nate at re-badge if i recall, hes been on a SUPER long back log, I have him listed for future project. Ya know i didn't even think about a Yellow Jacket specific thread LOL, ty sir ill be rolling in

Guy,
thanks for the tip, better safer than Oh WT..#$%$^&. thought about the fuse, batt just as easy

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Wasp,
They very nice, I thought about it just wanted somthing a litt more of my own They came out great though, very nice. Was from Nate at re-badge if i recall, hes been on a SUPER long back log, I have him listed for future project. Ya know i didn't even think about a Yellow Jacket specific thread LOL, ty sir ill be rolling in

Guy,
thanks for the tip, better safer than Oh WT..#$%$^&. thought about the fuse, batt just as easy

Yeah Nate did mine. Yours look good too. It's different but I like them. The challenger script with the wasp is really nice. Did you find that official yellow jacket sub forum? Really cool stuff there.

·
Registered
2012 Yellow Jacket SRT8
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah Nate did mine. Yours look good too. It's different but I like them. The challenger script with the wasp is really nice. Did you find that official yellow jacket sub forum? Really cool stuff there.
Thanks, the challenger script Design was what i came up with that Nate put into a visual later on, waiting for him to get back from his UK trip to go through the rest of the details. Loved the thread too bad alot of the custom add-on's aren't available anymore but, there's always someone out there to do custom work

For the script my intentions are to have it on the inset of the tail bar center bottom of the back up light. I looked up the laws in here in Pa, and there is no min. area regs for a reverse lights Just that they are visible, by measurements there would only be a 1/4" top & sides showing when in reverse. Hiding DODGE lettering i took out. Yes i know just watch out backing up lol. Still haven't decided If I Love the idea or not, I'm on the fence. check the pic attached for the 'Mock up'. I did like the Honeycomb mesh on a Tail light bar i saw posted in the YJ specific area Thanks for the head's up. ( Good reading ) that was cool, but it reminded me too much of the Modern Trans Am tail bars

Attachments

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
How about having the "challenger" script cover the whole back up light triangle area and just have the surrounding honey combs open so when you put it in reverse some light shines through. Just thinking out loud.

·
Registered
2012 Yellow Jacket SRT8
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
How about having the "challenger" script cover the whole back up light triangle area and just have the surrounding honey combs open so when you put it in reverse some light shines through. Just thinking out loud.
Brilliant !!!! I was so focused on the 2 dimensional aspect on how much to leave uncovered It didn't hit me, Good call TY Sir! Already mocked it up and changed the dimensions for Nate. Nothing like a fresh pair of eyes. will look so much cleaner then too. Clear honeycombs it is solves the lighting concerns. Pretty much just like the early- mid 90's Trans Am Tail lights Little visual representation pic below

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
Brilliant !!!! I was so focused on the 2 dimensional aspect on how much to leave uncovered It didn't hit me, Good call TY Sir! Already mocked it up and changed the dimensions for Nate. Nothing like a fresh pair of eyes. will look so much cleaner then too. Clear honeycombs it is solves the lighting concerns. Pretty much just like the early- mid 90's Trans Am Tail lights Little visual representation pic below
Oh, I really like the honeycombs as the background!

·
Registered
2012 Yellow Jacket SRT8
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So the inserts finally came in, I think they look Awesome, he even sent me an extra set for free. Though id share

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts