Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So first off i'm new to the forum! Just got my Challenger last week, a 2010 SE, maybe not a HEMI but im just glad to be part of the club.

long story short i have those awful silver steering wheel inserts and i've been reading about how to remove them and that you have to take the airbag out to get to the top two. though I noticed that was with the controls. Seeing as I have an SE i'd like to know if I STILL have to remove the airbag or do they just pop out like the lower ones? Thank you and i look forward to talking all things Challenger with you guys.

MOPAR or NO CAR.

·
Registered
860 Posts
You have the four rectangle ones right? They all just pop out. I had a 2010 SE also. If I remember correctly, they do slide a bit under the airbag, but it's the newer steering wheels that started in 2011 that you have to take off the airbag.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright awesome sounds like a good deal to me i really didn't wanna have to deal with the hassel of unhooking the negative from the battery and all that. Do you remember HOW you popped them out?

·
Registered
860 Posts
I used a small flat tip screwdriver and started on the edges first and the outer edges. Once they pop out enough, you can pull up and away from the airbag as a small part of that inner edge slides under the airbag a little. But, if you are planning on taking out the radio surround and center console piece (they both pry out the same way) you may want to invest in a plastic pry tool kit they sell on ebay to keep from scratching things up or wrap some tape around the head of the screwdriver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts