Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so now that its almost winter and its getting colder and colder outside, ive started hearing a weird faint creaking-type sound coming somewhere from my steering wheel.

This lasts only for a few minutes after i leave home in the early mornings and then stops.... I remote start the car, its nice and warm when i get out and start driving. + I can ONLY hear the sound when driving straight. There is no squeeking/squeeling sound when turning ....

In addition, it annoyed me one day so much that i pushed and pulled the steering wheel towards and form me a bit and while doing it it kind of stopped... any idea what this sound is and why it only seems to happen in the mornings ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Had the same. Took it to the dealer (still under warranty) and they said the boot that covered the bottom of the column (where it goes into the firewall on the car interior side) has come off. They added grease and put the boot back on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm having the same groan too, turning. Most pronounce going up a slight incline slow speeds. I cannot replicate it on demand at the dealership, so very frustrating...

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Hello, so now that its almost winter and its getting colder and colder outside, ive started hearing a weird faint creaking-type sound coming somewhere from my steering wheel.

This lasts only for a few minutes after i leave home in the early mornings and then stops.... I remote start the car, its nice and warm when i get out and start driving. + I can ONLY hear the sound when driving straight. There is no squeeking/squeeling sound when turning ....

In addition, it annoyed me one day so much that i pushed and pulled the steering wheel towards and form me a bit and while doing it it kind of stopped... any idea what this sound is and why it only seems to happen in the mornings ?

Thanks.
Hi pentacro,
We certainly understand why this may be concerning. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support.
Rob
DodgeCares

1 - 4 of 4 Posts