Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 2018 Challenger Scat Pack I recently bought. My steering wheel is off center a bit. The picture shows the wheel when the tires are pointed straight. The car tracks really well, don't expect any sort of front end problem.

Is this common with these cars? Easy to fix?

Attachments

·
Registered
968 Posts
The steering wheel on my 2018 is perfectly straight (would drive me crazy otherwise). You probably need ot get an alignment to fix it - it is NOT normal. Strange that it needs an alignment so soon in it's life though. I'm assuming you bought it used. I guess it's always possible the previous owner knocked it out of alignment somehow...

·
Super Moderator
14,408 Posts
easy to fix - needs to be put on an alignment rack and adjust to tie rod ends with the steering wheel centered

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
easy to fix - needs to be put on an alignment rack and adjust to tie rod ends with the steering wheel centered
^this^ beat me to it..
car is misalligned..prepare for bad news if they are telling you its within alignment specs as it is now.
any accident history?

·
Registered
146 Posts
What you need is a 4 wheel thrust angle alignment. After the car is placed on the alignment rack with the front tires on the turn tables and the rear wheels on the skid plates, the car is lifted, the sensors mounted & compensated, then the car is lowered back down on the rack. The locking pins are removed from the turn tables and rear skid plates. The rear camber and toe are checked first and adjusted to spec if possible. Then the front caster, camber, and finally toe are checked and adjusted. Any correction on the front suspension will necessitate a toe adjustment. Before adjusting the toe, the car should be started and the steering wheel centered and locked in place with a steering wheel holder. I forgot to mention that a brake pedal depressor should also be used to lock the cars service brakes so it doesn't move on the rack while the alignment is taking place. When the alignment is complete, the car should be road tested to make sure it doesn't pull and the steering wheel is centered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Bob Ricewasser
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing