Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

I am far from factory brakes, stock was definitely lacking...however

During a spirited “u turn”, is when I noticed my steering actually changed. Went under and saw the LCA bolt moving in the subframe as I wiggle the wheel. Tightened her down , steering came back and no more shudder. So although she read all the symptoms of bad rotors, it was just my incompetence!

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,667 Posts
Just goes to show how there can be more multiple sources of a problem that cause similar symptoms. I'm glad you resolved yours.

·
Super Moderator
14,463 Posts
one of things that can commonly happen it uneven brake pad material transfer. Its a bit easier to take place with ceramic compound pads, which are commonly in use for quieter operation and lower brake dust.

I've know of members that did sudden hard stops with their Powerstop pads and had this symptom

many interpret this as "warped rotors" when instead there's uneven pad deposits on the rotor. The solution is to re-burnish (aka bedding) to redistribute the pad material evenly on the rotor.

FYI R/T models use OEM ceramic pads and the Brembo 4 piston versions have a ceramic blend in there as well

If you had warped rotors, they'd feel like that all that time at most any speed. When they get hot it might get worse

the uneven deposits tend to turn up at specific ranges or vary with braking effort

21 - 23 of 23 Posts