Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am certain this has been covered but I must have over looked it. So.... Sorry guys.

Anyhow Is there any out there for these new cars. I did a ebay, bing, google and Grant search with no luck. I hate stock wheels they are just gawdy and bulky looking to me and I hate airbags even more.

·
Registered
425 Posts
don't think youre going to get around the airbag thing, plus all of the convenience controls on the steering wheel . . . I'd just like a decent wood variation in the old school style

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah that makes two of us. You would think that with all these "aftermarket" companys some one would have made a metal one. An i can get around the air back i did on my 2002 sierra.

Thanks for the reply man

·
Registered
474 Posts
If I understood correctly what you're looking for, I think this should work. I don't know of anyone running an aftermarket steering wheel so I cannot confirm if it will actually fit, but searching the part numbers on NRG's website it shows it will fit "all Dodge." I guess if you aren't a fan of the wheel the kit ships with, you can always just purchase part #'s SRK-170H and SRK-200SBK then pair it with an NRG wheel of your choice. Not sure why you hate airbags so much, but just be careful running around without one!

Amazon.com: 08-11 Dodge Challenger NRG 350MM Steering Wheel + Hub + Quick Release Combo Black 09 10: Automotive

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am an old school guy and have crashed both with and with out them. I prefer my wheel to not have one. Side curtain is ok it helps keep outside s
**t out side.

Now with that price Ill just keep my wheel thanks. An i really do not want to get rid of the cruise control button.

·
Registered
828 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Website said unavailable but when I called to order it they advised it was on a 7 day back order and could discount upgraded shipping for me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
REALLY??? Might have to get them a call then cuz I've been looking for one....

Did they say they could get the silver one like in the picture??? Website says "Please Note: Silver Accents Shown. Only Stitching is Red, rest of steering wheel is black."

·
Registered
32 Posts
REALLY??? Might have to get them a call then cuz I've been looking for one....

Did they say they could get the silver one like in the picture??? Website says "Please Note: Silver Accents Shown. Only Stitching is Red, rest of steering wheel is black."

I didn't ask about colors. I only ask if I could order one. I never go by the online availability anymore, I did this with jeggs and they kept telling me a part was out of stock online .. Two weeks later my buddy is installing the same part I was trying to get in his ride.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts