Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,112 Posts
The 8.4 is only the head unit. For increased/better sound you'll need to upgrade the amp/speakers. I'm not saying the 8.4 upgrade won't net you any sound upgrade, but the big gains lie in the amp/speakers.

A Guy

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I figured as much. Rather upgrade speakers first then the 8.4 later if that wouldn't make a big difference in sound. I could throw some decent Alpine or Kenwood in the rear and doors not sure about in the dash. That seems difficult.
Crutchfield usually has directions and all the wire adaptors brackets etc. I found a bunch of speakers for not to much like $80 a pair some higher some cheaper Lots of JBL or Kenwood / Alpine etc.
would doing this without doing the amp. be noticeable upgrade in sound quailty?
These stock speakers just seem weak. Muffled

I'd like to swap the 5.0 for the 8.4 screen and get all the STP pages.
Don't need the Nav. But the basic 8.4

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,112 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
It's not recommended you change the 8.4 out because so many of the factory features are integrated into it. Just upgrade the speakers and get a good line out converter (Dq-61 for example)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SXT
111 Posts
I like highs, so to achieve close to what I was looking for I replaced all of the factory speakers. I have a 2016 SXT with the Alpine 260 watt amp and speakers. First, I replaced the dash, like someone earlier stated, this is the easiest. The factory Alpine speakers did not have Alpine badging anywhere on them, just a big made in China. Next, I replaced the doors, again made in China, no Alpine badging. Along with replacing the doors, I installed tweeters in the A-pillars. Lastly, the rear deck speakers were replaced, you got it, made in China, but I have the highs I was looking for. The doors are have a factory crossover for bass, not full range. I'm satisfied with it since I no longer play my music obnoxiously loud anymore.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,112 Posts
Lol, thanks ;)

A Guy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts