Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Vendor
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Myself and the crew at Solo Performance are really excited to join the Challenger community! We are in the process of becoming a supporting vendor and are currently putting the final details on a "no-drone", completely bolt-on cat-back exhaust for the Challenger SRT-8! It sounds and performs incredibly and we will have more details once we become a supporting vendor! We have become the most popular exhaust company on the G8 board, and pride ourselves on competitive pricing, a high-quality product, and outstanding customer service (I can be reached 7 days a week, until midnight EST).

Happy New Year and we look forward to supporting this community!

Steve, Jeff, and the Solo Performance Crew

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
I would like to say welcome to the best Challenger Forum. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM any of the Admin/Moderators.

Also, please be sure to read General Forum Rules - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Thanks for joining our forum as a new vendor, please enjoy and we look forward to your participation. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Welcome aboard. What about us R/T guys, though?

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Vendor
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:werd:
Welcome aboard. What about us R/T guys, though?
Once we complete the SRT-8 kit, we will be testing it on the other models and making any needed adjustments. We hope to have a drone-free, bolt-on kit for each Challenger model:)

·
Vendor
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update

Our jig is now complete for the 5.7L Challenger...just a few more tweaks on the SRT-8 and that will be finalized also. We have a really exciting kit coming out for these Challenger models. You will be very happy with what you see and with the price point. More information to follow soon:) We also designed our own tips for this car that we think look incredible.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Very interested is the srt8 cat back system. I was gonna buy the mbrp no done exhaust, but i am gonna hold off to see what you guys got in the works. Can u guys post videos and/or sound clips of the exhaust

·
Vendor
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very interested is the srt8 cat back system. I was gonna buy the mbrp no done exhaust, but i am gonna hold off to see what you guys got in the works. Can u guys post videos and/or sound clips of the exhaust
We will have videos and sound clips soon! I will be putting together the final product thread when I get some more information from our Buffalo store (where we make most of our kits), and it will include everything.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
This is getting interesting.:browsmiley:...........Subscribing

·
Vendor
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are just a few teaser details of the kit, and what you will see soon in our product thread:

1. Solo X-Design Muffler (X-pipe with muffler built around it), T304 inside and out, made in an unconventional size to fit the front cavity

2. X-design muffler is packed with ceramic fiber and stainless steel wool, and is tig welded

3. Special design dual round staggered and beveled stainless steel tips, custom fitted to contour with the rear fascia and specially cut (double walled also)

4. All piping is 3" mandrel bent stainless steel

5. There is a ball and socket joint with stainless flanges in the tail section, which allow you to rotate the tail sections into perfect alignment.

6. We have addressed all drone ranges on both the 5.7L and SRT-8, and have painstakingly conquered them all...both kits are drone free and sound deep, mean, and aggressive on the outside, muscle car refined on the inside.

This is all I will say for now, but it looks, sounds, and performs like one of the best kits we have designed and produced. All of us at Solo Performance are very excited to bring this to the Challenger community.

Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002
[email protected]

·
Registered
474 Posts
In my humble opinion the lines of the rear of the Challenger beg for rectangular tips like the factory ones or the Corsa tips on their Challenger systems.

·
Vendor
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In my humble opinion the lines of the rear of the Challenger beg for rectangular tips like the factory ones or the Corsa tips on their Challenger systems.
I will let Jeff know...thanks for your feedback:)

·
Vendor
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As of right now, we will have two tip options...you can either use our Solo designed dual staggered tips, or reuse your stock rectangular tips. On the Challenger, the tips are reusable...we have designed our tail sections to either use our tip, or reuse the stock ones. To get tips like the Corsa ones, we would have to have a set sent to us, and then we would have to have our fabricator make them and have them shipped back to us. That whole process takes a few months. The tips we made for this car took a 5 months to design, produce, and have shipped to us.

·
Vendor
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you have different systems for the SRT auto's and manuals ? This was an issue with MBRP.
We have the kit for the manual complete, and we are waiting on an auto coming to our shop for final fitment on that car. We will have a kit for each model.

·
Vendor
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If anyone has an SRT-8, and can come spend one day at our Mississauga store, we would give you a smoking deal on our kit. We need one for final fitment and pictures, videos, etc. The kit itself is done and all jigged up. The faster we can get one in our shop, the faster we can release it, but the customer gets a great deal on the kit. PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I do not want to sound negative in any way but have to say….

You noted that your system is made using 3” tubing. No issue from me on that. You also say that the system is designed to use the no doubt beautiful dual round staggered tips or the factory rectangular tips. This is the same option that Zoomer’s offers and I have the same question of them as I do for Solo…. The factory tip is made to fit over a 2.75” pipe and actual round outlet hole in the factory rectangular tip is 2.75”. This means using the factory tip would chock down the Solo 3.0” tubing system (and exhaust flow) to 2.75”.

I am not an exhaust engineer but if the Solo system is engineered around a 3.0” tubing design then chocked it at the tip results in a 2.75” system overall. The Hemi requires some amount of back pressure for optimal performance but if a cat back system disrupts that then I am not sure what the long term results are.

So, is the Solo system designed to have a 2.75” or 3.0” outlet (IE, is the inlet on the dual round staggered tips 2.75” or 3.0”)? If the Solo system uses a tip with a 3.0” inlet hole before it splits to 2 n.n” outlets then what impacts are there if the factory 2.75” tips are used?

Exhaust is a science.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts