Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my red start pushbutton overlay/decal. It is the same diameter as the chrome ring around the pushbutton. It is also flat and the stock pushbutton is tapered at the outer diameter.

$11 for a 1" disc wasn't enough to get any photos or instructions.

Has anyone applied this over the pushbutton and did you remove part of the OEM switch or what?

Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for both of your replies. So you have to "roll" the edges of the decal to conform to the taper of the OEM switch? And it doesn't "pucker?"

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
You can pop off the Chrome ring and the stock button comes off...then sick the other one on.... use a knife or blade.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
This is how I did mine. I tried just putting the overlay on without removing the OEM piece but I didnt care for the fit.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I got mine from stevewhite, and it was well worth it.

I used a pocket knife to pry the chrome ring around the button, and removed it and the face. The overlay sticker sticks perfectly to the button after removing these parts.

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
I had mine made with the intentions of removing the stock chrome bezel and button head so I measured my button with calipers and had the overlay made to extend all the way out to the edges and had the edge of the new overlay done in chrome.

Turned out pretty darn good!

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Reactions: 1 person

·
Registered
165 Posts
I got mine from Steve White thru E Bay and just stuck it on top, didn't even remove the button to do it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
A question for Steve White, how difficult would be it be to customize these decals?

I'm looking to have a decal with a red background and the word "Trouble" on it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts