Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Have they delivered any yet? It's an incredible car and I suppose once you hit $300,000 or so what's a couple more hundred thousand. The thing is it will probably gain in value just like the first gen did.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yup, a true exotic car at a true exotic price. You can't even just buy one. You have to APPLY to Ford to be able to buy one, like Ferrari does with some of their higher end models.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
If you make 500,000 or 600,000 a year like many execs. it's not that much money.

·
Registered
9,367 Posts
They way that I look at it is pretty simple.

Look at what the last gen of GT's are selling for at auction?? Ford is just taking a piece of that pie up front with the new ones.

It's funny but an individual can make money, and that's ok. When a company makes it, they're greedy bums! LOL It's a high end car for folks with a lot of disposable income. Nothing wrong with that.

Good for Ford, as that is an impressive ride.

·
Registered
863 Posts
You can buy 6 of these for the price of the new Bugatti Chiron. and the performance is not that far off.
Dang. I lust for a Vette with the Z06! lol!
Thank goodness for the poor mans muscle cars!

Tom.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Not alot of money for the wealthy. When you have 50k toilets that sell..what is a 500k super car?
For goodness sake, the rich eat 24k gold leaf desserts. Makes you want to be a liberal sometimes.

·
Registered
9,367 Posts
not alot of money for the wealthy. When you have 50k toilets that sell..what is a 500k super car?
For goodness sake, the rich eat 24k gold leaf desserts. Makes you want to be a liberal sometimes.

never

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,121 Posts
Maybe if I tire of my SXT, and want another 6 cylinder...

A Guy

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MPG not too good for a light car and a V6 huh, what's the power numbers?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,121 Posts

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Interesting, thought the turbo V6 was the future for power and fuel economy.

So the little 3.5L V6 makes 647 hp, 746 torque and rated at 11 / 18 mpg.

Hellcat is 6.2L V8 and makes 707 hp, 770 torque and 13 / 21 mpg with 6-speed manual, 22 highway with A8.

And Hellcat weighs about 4400 lbs compared to about 3000 lbs for the half a million dollar GT.

Gas guzzler on Hellcat is $1700, on GT it's $3000. Yeah those turbo V6s are so efficient!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Interesting, thought the turbo V6 was the future for power and fuel economy.

So the little 3.5L V6 makes 647 hp, 746 torque and rated at 11 / 18 mpg.

Hellcat is 6.2L V8 and makes 707 hp, 770 torque and 13 / 21 mpg with 6-speed manual, 22 highway with A8.

And Hellcat weighs about 4400 lbs compared to about 3000 lbs for the half a million dollar GT.

Gas guzzler on Hellcat is $1700, on GT it's $3000. Yeah those turbo V6s are so efficient!

"eco-boost".

In all fairness though that 3.5L V6 reduces the weight significantly and also the footprint at the back of the car.... but also introduces significant exhaust drone.

·
Registered
2012 R/T
108 Posts
Yup, a true exotic car at a true exotic price. You can't even just buy one. You have to APPLY to Ford to be able to buy one, like Ferrari does with some of their higher end models.
They probably ask for your Challengertalk username to see how much smack you talk about the brand...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts