Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I was detailing my 2.5 month old R/T Classic (still loving every second behind the wheel), and it ended up turning into one of those super anal-retentive detail sessions (started removing brake light assemblies to get dirt underneath trim with the trunk open, etc.). Anyway, while I was back there, I noticed these two round, clear stickers on the corners of the underside of the trunk closest to the rear window. They appear to be covering a breather hole for inside the trunk, and I think they were placed on there during paint because there's paint on them. As I started to peel one of them off, some paint started to come with it so I left them alone.

I forgot to take pictures while I was working on it, I'll take them as soon as I'm home today.

Anybody else find these?

·
Super Moderator
15,740 Posts
Everyone has them and they are a big mystery.

Some say to remove them for proper drainage, others say they are necessary to prevent water from entering the holes.

I asked Brampton Builder, one of our members who works at the Ontario plant. He advised me that they are supposed to remain in place but could not find out the reason for them.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Removed mine once I noticed water being trapped behind them.
Wish we knew the function of them, I have not seen any issues since removal. :scratchhead:

·
Super Moderator
17,469 Posts
I recall BB mentioning that these should have been removed.

Mine (trunklid only) were clearly applied after painting process - so I removed them.

Some have also noticed them on underside of hood on some cars as well.

My rationing is that drain holes were provided for a reason, why cover them up?

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
30 years from now, those clear dot stickers are going to be fetching BIG bucks because everyone threw them away... I can see the ebay ads now... "Restoring your 20** Challenger? Up for auction, original NOS, trunk dots... Starting bid $500.00

:)

·
Super Moderator
17,469 Posts
Don't forget about the plastic "bags" that are on the ends of the trunk spoiler?:cowtounge:

Those would have been removed during the dealer PDI prep.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't forget about the plastic "bags" that are on the ends of the trunk spoiler?:cowtounge:

Those would have been removed during the dealer PDI prep.
I haven't seen (or at least haven't found) the bags on the trunk spoiler...

Thanks for the insight everyone, I think I'm going to hold off removing them until I can pickup some touch up paint to replace the paint that looks like its going to come off with the stickers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts