Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone experience this issue? So I replaced my stock wheels for some aftermarket wheels. Bought 10.5" rear wheel with a 315/35/20 tire.

When I hit bumps going over say 40mph, the passenger side wheel will hit the fender. I replaced the rear shocks with new Bilstein's and I thought it took care of the problem. Soon as I put weight in the trunk and had a passenger, it went back to doing it.

Got ideas besides rolling the fender? And why would it only do it on the passenger side but not driver side?

10' SRT Challenger

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yes, seems to be a pretty common issue on the pre-2015 cars. It may be hitting on one side only for a number of reasons. Rear end/cradle not centered equally side-to-side, camber might be off in the alignment or even something out of assembly spec's that slipped through when the car was built on the assembly line and missed by QA inspections. These cars weren't designed originally for that large a tire by the engineers. Still, it can be done according to others who have posted on this and other forums. The simplest way to a cure seems to be to roll the fender lips. Hope the link below helps...:grin2:

Here's a search results page listing some posts related to that size tire and clearance issues.

----------------------------------//----

1 - 4 of 4 Posts