Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Still don't know even after asking...

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  A Guy 
#1 ·
What does the BACK button do?...

2015 SRT...

See less See more
#2 ·
Navigating sub-menus. Let's say you're playing music from an ipod or usb stick. You pick an artist, you're looking at song selection, then you decide you want to go back and pick a different artist. That's what the back button is for. I find it handy when my hand is on the right knob scrolling up or down through songs.

#5 · (Edited)
+1 on this the Back button & Tune / Browse knob/button are for navigating in the Media screens - the Back button won't operate in any other Apps or modes.

@MEKrunner - that's a good one...it would be fun to go back to 1970 as my adult self...groovy baby...:hippy:

Dad was in the Army (stationed in Viet Nam) and the rest of us were in Turkey, living with my mom's parents.

We were next in Germany for a few years - great time to be there as well - Porsche, Mercedes ruled the fast lane on the Autobahn and lots of BMWs - as we were in Stuttgart.
-a lot of servicemen bought audio gear (cheaper and no taxes) got to hear a lot of Quadraphonic recordings...

However, long enough out of the US - started to miss it "land of the round doorknobs" we used to say...

#10 ·
My experience has been, yes, the back button will take you back to the previous screen in Multimedia.

Say you choose the wrong artist in your list, the back button will take you back to the main list but...once you choose a song from that artist, the back button goes dumb. I have to start all over again from point " A " and either scroll all the way through my artist list or press and hold the slider bar on the right side and scroll all the way through the artist list. All the while taking my eyes off the road and/or having my right hand occupied to monitor where I'm at in the list. Very annoying. Being able to go back to your place in the list where you started ( like Android does ) would be extremely helpful.

Personally, I'd like to able to do a lot more with the fingertip controls on the wheel. Properly configured, I could theoretically do everything from the wheel and not have touch the screen at all. Hint Hint Hint!

I seem to recall this type of reconfiguration can be achieved using a " lock pick " but that's not something I wanna screw around with on my prized SRT. I'd rather see much more flexibiliy designed into the system.

Then all I'd need is something better than the pathetic " HK Premium Sound System ". Pfffft.

Doubt I'll get either one.

#11 ·
Back button takes you back to previous screen when navigating apps/settings, etc. A Guy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.