Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took in the car last week and had them do RAPID RESPONSE TRANSMITTAL #10-022 (Flash: WIN Module (Intermittent FOBIK Functions) and TSB 8-020-10 (
Remote Start Intermittently Inoperative).

So far Remote Start seems to work fine now. However, I still get the Key Fob not Detected messages. Has been somewhat cold here. Yesterday I had the message when exiting the car. Tonight it happened twice when I wanted to start it. Whenever this happens (before the TSB and now) I move the key around and after a while it will work. So far I had to never use the key in the key lock. But it is still annoying having to do this for a minute. Anyone else had this after they had Rapid Response #10-022 done?

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SRT 6spd detonator yellow
501 Posts
change the battery in both fobs......that cured my issue.....and if 6sp make sure clutch is all the way to the floor.....my 2 cats

·
Registered
619 Posts
I had it done 4 months ago. Helped a little. Change FOB batteries and see what happens.

And while we are on the subject of batteries, check the water in your battery. Just do that and see if you need water like I did. That was probably the best thing I did to help the FOB problem in my car.

Dino

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I will change the batteries in both FOBs (so far have only used one of the FOBs). And I will get my car's battery checked out, too.

Do you guys still get the problem once in a while or has it been all good now?

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Mine has been all good after the TSB update was applied with one exception - I had the fob and my cell phone (HTC HD2) in the same pocket and had the keyfob not detected message.

Pulled the cell phone out of the pocket and the problem was solved.

Since the update was applied, the temp has been anywhere from 97F to 19F.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had issues with my key fob today as well. The message I got was "damaged key fob" or something like that. I even popped out the ignition cover and tried to start the car the "old fashioned way" but got the same message.

Anyone else ever experience this?

I just started my search and this was the first thread I found about this and it was recent so here I am....

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the damaged key fob is different. But I think there are threads about that, too.

I changed fobs and since then haven't had any issues. I was at the dealer today and went to the Parts department. They didn't think the FOB was servicable. So how do you get the battery out of there?

Never mind... just found the answer on this site :)
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/key-fob-nightmare-17223/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts