Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I hear on here anymore is talk about Hellcat. Yeah, I'm impressed by it, and I might even be excited about buying one if I didn't have a mortgage. And a daughter headed to college in a year. And having to buy said daughter a car because her current Jeep is dying and she needs wheels....

But I digress.

Point is, I am still in love with my 2012 R/T and I'm not even daydreaming about Hellcat. That's right----I'm a very satisfied car owner in my existing R/T with only 375 hp. It's fun to drive, affordable, it's a daily driver that I'm not afraid to park or drive anywhere. It's great.

Believe me, I'm not crying sour grapes right now. I just DIG my Challenger and don't have any fantasies (yet) about trading-up to the Hellcat.....or even a current SRT8, for that matter.

Am I alone? Are there others who dig what they are running and don't really care much about the 2015s yet?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Ya.

You are alone....

Priorities suck. :)

Reactions: DJ Hemi

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
You're not alone, we just bought a 2014 sxt, so I can't even think about the 15's........

We've had our car since the middle of May and haven't had a problem with it, it's been great, and looks great. If I tried to trade it in, wife would "glockasize" me!

Dreams are what the lottery is for, dream you win it, and you too can not only have matching his & hers srt8's and a hellcat too!, And a 5 car-garage to store them in, which means you need a bigger piece of land, with a bigger house......etc....etc.....

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm with you DJ Hemi. I am more than satisfied with my girl Sunny. The Hellcat is very impressive, but not even a blip on my radar.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
I'm sticking with my 14

I bought it as my "last toy." That may change if used Hellcat prices ever get reasonable. I'm happy. 470 HP and Q is plenty good. At least my car has a mean "Frown,"...vice a silly "Grin."

·
Registered
35 Posts
I love everything about my car... EXCEPT the wheel hop in wet conditions. Everything is fine when dry, but it shakes the car to pieces when roads are wet. I wonder when my rear subframe mounts will fail!?!

2010 RT Classic 6-speed

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Wheel hop can be fixed.

I love everything about my car... EXCEPT the wheel hop in wet conditions. Everything is fine when dry, but it shakes the car to pieces when roads are wet. I wonder when my rear subframe mounts will fail!?!

2010 RT Classic 6-speed
See my earlier posts on wheel hop.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I'm with yah DJ...stopped trying to keep up with the Jones a long time ago.
Plus I'm already driving the BEST challenger on the road...MINE!!!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice to know that there are folks on here who love their current Challenger just as much as when they bought it.

Hell, I decided on buying an R/T almost three full years before I could actually swing it, between wifey getting a new car and then daughter needing wheels. I haven't done that much to my R/T in terms of mods, but I have made it my own and love driving it. It feels great to run it every single day, and I don't long for any other Challenger right now. I guess that many of you all feel the same.

Enjoy your rides, friends.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
So if you had the opportunity to trade your ride for a hellcat you wouldn't do it?

Lolz....

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Yep....but there was a post today about "Sellers Remorse."

All of my cars became a big part of my life. I chose well. They treated me well. When I sold them...it hurt. Those cars became "family members." I dreaded selling my 13' Blacktop RT. I loved that car. I still believe that it looked better than my 14' SRT. I chose a little extra power. I won't be doing this again anytime soon. I haven't needed more than 470 HP so far. If a GOOD DEAL presents arises, I may trade later for a used Hellcat.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
No, you're not alone by a long shot DJ. I too have absolutely no interest in the Heckcat. I wanted a modern version of my favorite car growing up, the Challenger R/T. I got it. I also wanted a balance of power, comfort, ride quality, fuel efficiency (21 mpg combined ain't bad at all especially since the 1974 Challenger I had, got about 10 mpg) and driveability. I got that also. Even if I had the bucks for the Heckcat, I would still pass. I don't go to the track and that much power is simply unusable and pointless on the street. There are a lot of very nice SE/SXT's on CT. All who have described their car that I have read, use pretty much the same terms as I did and I can fully understand that. I've driven the SXT and in some ways it's more fun than my R/T's have been. In other ways not. So it's all a matter of everyone's idea of what the perfect car is. Not everyone aspires to as much power, prestige and cost as one can get. And for some reason many of the Heckcat future owner's seem to have a difficult time with that concept. I don't care if it has 1,000 horsepower. I have no interest in it. As far as the 2015+ changes go, well, when I see one in person, maybe I'll swap out in 2017, maybe not. But what I have serves MY purposes very well. Right now, it's time to brave the heat and put on another coat of Evershine wax. Then time to watch the special edition Two Lane Blacktop DVD I got in.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I hear yah...happy/content with my current challenger, but if I could swing the hellcat it would be in my garage.

House mortgage or car extremely fun car? :banana:

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Queen said it best in their song "I'm in love with my car"!
I have no intention of getting rid of her any time in the foreseeable future.
The HC is nice and all, butIdon't need that kind of power...I have plenty of fun with my lowly 5.7 ;)

Her name is Black(top) Betty (BAM A LAM), and she has a home for life :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.