Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one still happy with their "older model" SRT?? All this '392' talk gets me thinkin' about looking closer at the '11 SRT8's, but then I realize, other than the obvious 45hp increase, I still love my 'ol 2009... Very happy with my front spoiler, c/f hood stripe, old-skool wheels(LOL), comfortable(and well-made seats), and that big, beautiful aluminum intake!! To be honest, I even like the steering wheel:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
...same here, happy as every with my 09

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I fully agree.
The newer cars are fine, but I still love everything about mine.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
There is more to the new SRT's than 45 hp. Try 90lbs of Torque at 2900 rpm, out of this world suspension, deeper sounds, tans upgrades, nicer wheels, ....
The move to the 392's will happen for many of us. eventually.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
This may sound silly but the thing that I am looking forward to the most is the cabin auto temp control.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
08-10 SRT's are awesome machines, be very proud of them. I would still own my 09 SRT if I could have bought a white one.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Love the 2011 srt's, especially the white. But I too am happy with my 2010, especially since I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a procharger, that should make up up for the 45hp and 90 ftlb of torque :bigthumb:, I already bought a coil over suspension, full set chubby pro sways, endlinks, and front and rear srut bars, this should at least get me close to the 2011 handling. and not too mention the killer price i got from my local dealer, as they wanted to get rid of all the old 2010's to make room for the new 2011's. If anything I will be ready if dodge counter attacks against chevys new 2012 blown camaro with a blown 6.4 hemi, I will trade her in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
That's what I'm waiting for as well. Factory blower, an N/A 426, or even a convertable.
Some things I like about the 392... others I really don't the more I think about.

Basically I can just supercharge it and be done and happy once the factory warranty is up. The S/C will cost me the same as the hit I would take trading it in since it's 1 years old and the cost to upgrade to the newer year. The S/C here, all in ,would be a $10,000 touch.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is more to the new SRT's than 45 hp. Try 90lbs of Torque at 2900 rpm, out of this world suspension, deeper sounds, tans upgrades, nicer wheels, ....
The move to the 392's will happen for many of us. eventually.
"out of this world suspension"??(LOL)...thats fine, and enjoy your new rides, but just sayin' that I'm very happy with my car, including its power & handling...I' think I'll keep her:thumbsup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm staying with my 2010 Torred SRT 6-sp. The thought of the on-going depreciation is nauseating though. Most of us that bought in late '09 or early '10 paid easily in the mid 40's for these cars with tax, title, fees, etc. I could have waited for the great deals but here in western NY, however, the leftovers are all sitting outside at the dealers getting daily salt baths. A quick search on any web site reveals I would lose around $10 grand to update to an '11. And the '11 colors don't do much for me anyways.

My car has 800 miles on it and never sat on the dealer lot. It went from the carrier truck, to the service bay (until my next day off), they to my garage. It is virtually flawless with ZERO sun, salt, or rain exposure. Even if I could get a new one for 45K, it would cost me a total of 55K with the loss on my '10. No thanks - 90 ft/lbs of extra torque would be great but not for that kind of money. And I will have to live with the dreaded wheel hop since I chose the manual. Obvioulsy, its a never raced garage queen it. I do attend several local car shows with it.

When I retire in 9 or 10 years - that will be a different story! I will probably search out a low mileage 'weekend driven' 392 automatic and ruin a set of tires in short order providing I can get a fair dollar out of my '10.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Am I the only one still happy with their "older model" SRT?? All this '392' talk gets me thinkin' about looking closer at the '11 SRT8's, but then I realize, other than the obvious 45hp increase, I still love my 'ol 2009... Very happy with my front spoiler, c/f hood stripe, old-skool wheels(LOL), comfortable(and well-made seats), and that big, beautiful aluminum intake!! To be honest, I even like the steering wheel:thumbsup:
I feel the same. The 50-60hp and ft.lbs increase on the 2011 is nice, but not worth the financial hit I'd take to change to a 2011. If my 'measily' 425hp ever becomes inadequate (lol), I'll just throw in a mild cam and heads to make up that power difference, and then some.

Also, while the 392 sounds great at low and mid throttle, I find the 6.1 had a more snarly and crackle exhaust sound at full throttle, with the 6 speed cars anyway.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I am content with my current vehicle.

If the Mopar Performance aluminum block 426 shows up in a new verson I may be a player.

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
DITTO! my 09 9th srt 6spd off the line love her, if I had cash and room maybe would get an 392, but have no reason to rid my 09 SRT. Great car...:)

·
Registered
653 Posts
Even though I ordered a 392. There are a couple things I like better about the 6.1s
I loved the C/F stripe.
The seats in the '08-'10s are probably much better than they will be in mine (didn't get an IE but am still anticipating the same problem), but I plan on getting that fixed right away.
And I'm not sure yet but I think I like the previous air dam much better; functional or not.
Last thing, I wanted more badging on the 392 , wanted the 6.4 Hemi emblem on the hood scoops.
Don't think we love everything about the 392s over the 6.1s.... I know at least I'm a little jealous of a couple things you guys have. :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just got my 09' a few weeks ago, so yea STILL LOVIN IT!!!!! No plans on upgrading to a different model. As long as she was a 6speed, I was happy. Now just gotta get this sucker paid off.

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
This may sound silly but the thing that I am looking forward to the most is the cabin auto temp control.
Now that I know the 2011 has that "feature" I want one less. I HATE auto temp controls on vehicles.
I'm happy with my 09. If I was buying today I'd like the extra HP and handling but I also know I can't fully utilize what the 09 has available (if I'm honest and not kidding myself at the time).

·
Registered
149 Posts
I love my '10 Plum Crazy. Wouldn't trade it for anything. I can't wait to see the new ones, but I won't be jealous.

·
Registered
40 Posts
426 Convertible in B5 with a 6-Speed and my B5 SRT 6-Speed, might have to go...Naa just build another stall...LOL

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
judgeman, as another owner of another "1 of 351" I'm happy as hell with mine. I wouldn't have it any other way.

2009 Challenger SRT8 6-spd
Ordered and purchased through Bob Frederick
no nav/sunroof
Zoomer's 3 in. Cat-Back Exhaust
skip shift eliminator
SP catch can
180 T-stat
CMR Tune
AFE Stage II CAI
mopar sill plates
Sequential Turn Signals
"1 of 351"

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm in the "happy with my '10" boat too. I mean I must be havin' fun, I've had it since Oct '09 and at 23000 miles I still got that Cheshire cat grin every time I get out of it. :banana::banana:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts