Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock R/T. I feel like the exhaust needs to sound mean and aggressive. Would taking off the resonators make it sound better? Any advice would mean a lot thanks. Southern California

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Yes, do a search here for "resonator delete" and read for hours.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a '14 R/T as well, first mod was remove the reso's and added Flowmaster 40's. Sounds killer!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

·
Super Moderator
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
i have done the super 44 at the mids and res delete with glass packs out back in there place.
Yep, sound mean. Had this for 4 years.
I just put on stock SRT exhaust on to quiet it back up, resinators and all.
Its 2 3/4 pipe from the x to the tips, but from the x pipe to the headers I did that in 3 inch. As always no cats, have no testing here.
On the RT it was stock 2 1/2 inch mids to the X and from there it went to 2 1/4 all the way back.
Haveing the cats removed makes any exhaust louder and has less restriction. High flows are better i guess.
I just figured the little 2 1/4 was a heck of restriction needing fixed. My thought was the 5.7 lives with smaller exhaust, since moving to a stroker at 392 inches and more blower psi I needed to increase the size.
Now to hit the rollers and see what it got me or didnt get me.
What I do have is a little more quiet and i like that.
FT

·
Banned
600 Posts
2014 Challenger R/T Flowmaster original 40 series - YouTube

Just recently I did the mufflers on my challenger. If you are looking for the heavy sound, I would remove the resonators. The shop said to drive around for a couple of days, if i didn't like the resonators, I could always go back and remove them. I didn't get but 3 blocks away and turned around to have them removed the same day.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was concerned because I had read some of the members got tired of the sound with the resonators deleted. I bought manual cut outs from Summit and put them right in front of the resonators. This way if the drone gets on my nerves I just cap them back off.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
People get tired of drone fast or they get used to it. without the resonators, you'll have drone. I didn't like the drone, and put the resonators back on. Having a loud exhaust is for younger kids I guess, can't make a new small block sound like a big block dodge charger. If i want to enjoy sound, i'll fire up the charger in the garage. The challenger sounds fine with magnaflows and the resonators.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts