Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all my fellow Mopar gurus,

So I have been scouring the web, and most definitely ChallengerTalk, searching for information on the specifications, capabilities of the pieces and parts (most notably the engine, trans, diff, and axles) of stock 2016 SRT 392 Hemi SPS M6 Challengers and have had a hard time finding much of what I am looking for.

Some of the things that I am wondering about is:

What heads pistons, rods, crank, TB, etc come on the 2016 version? Are the "infamous" Apache heads already installed on the 2016 version or not (seen references to both)? Is there any porting, etc done from the factory or not?

I know that factory engines usually do not come built the way that they should be in performance cars (unless specifically paying for it), but I am hanging onto a shred of hope that Dodge did do some of these things during production.

I absolutely love my car and think that Dodge definitely hit a home run with the new Challengers. But in regards to the never-ending endeavor to squeeze more power out of her, I would like to know exactly what I am working with so I don't do something stupid and break'er.

I am asking because I am wanting to add potential performance mods ranging from catch cans to superchargers and anything that fits between the bumpers. I know there is info out there already, but running into varying opinions, etc. and so I am looking for factual "numbers" per-say, and not from promotional sources so that I may make informed decisions. I highly value information, knowledge and experience that comes from the "dirty, header-knuckled-busted joe" out there that has "been there, done that".

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

1 - 1 of 1 Posts