Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will put a graph and video up later. Stock hp was 448.93 and tq was 448.92 so same for max points.

I know have 633.47 hp and 559.24 tq. This is on 93 premium gas. I trailed it home as it is raining and will hopefully have it at ubly drag way next week end...

I will post sometime when I get them. Just wanted to let everyone know where I am at with this.

pcs1 procharger race intercooler stock procharger valve not the big red race one. a 170 state and there whole bag of goddies like fans ect with the procharger kit..

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,673 Posts
Congrats, looking forward to numbers and opinion ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just put one on my 2012 srt8 challenger. Made a whole lot of difference. what amount of boost did u decide to use I have 9 psi

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did the procharger fuel with a fuel pump upgrade ? 500whp is about all your stock pump should be able to handle

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Starter kits are $7848. I had mine all with a black finish and upgraded to the race intercooler. a ati damper is 399 and unlock your pcm is 500. add 150 for plugs and coolant. So 8897 roughly if you do it your self...

other items are gauges if you want them for boost air fuel gage ect.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
Cool man! Bet you can't wait to hit the track with the new setup! Looking forward to see what the car will run with the supercharger!

Did you get some forged pistons as well? I've seen some 392's work just fine and others grenade with the stock pistons and boost. Maybe if you are running a lower level of boost on a conservative tune (i.e. stock procharger tune) they'll be alright.

Did you go with different rear tires for the new setup or still running the same size/type drag radials?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have not done anything to the motor yet. I am thinking of having made a 426 short block and use my top end. I need to do a thred on what my tranny can handle and driveshaft ect. To be honest if I hit the track two to three time a year is what I may do. I am running slick and there Hoosiers. I have done the et streets before but it was like 5-6 years ago and for me there was not even a comparison. The sticky on the slicks were way way better and netted better times on the 60ft too, that was on my Camaro.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I am seriously thinking of purchasing and installing that exact same kit for my recently acquired 2011 srt8. I have looked at several options available but am heavily leaning toward the exact kit you used, the Procharger with the race intercooler. My drag racing days are over, I'm just looking for some additional grunt when I feel like putting my foot into it a bit.

I noticed otey said above that he was running a 9 lb tune, is this on a stock 392?? From what I've read, it is strongly recommended to stay south of 8 lbs with the OEM pistons. I have even read in several places that 6 lbs is recommended with a good safety margin unless you upgrade to the 'drop in' forged pistons.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes the upgrade fuel pump comes with the kit. also you need to make sure u find somebody that knows how too do a custom tune. I changed cams and exhaust system you can not use the diablo Tuner kit if u change anything from the stock car. I'm not a expert on custom tunes but I think it has too do with fuel injection times, timing fuel pump deration delivery??. but its definitely a lot more fun too drive!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
The kit came complete with a new fuel pump.
Could you please post a link for the Procharger w/race intercooler kit you used? I'm leaning heavily towards this upgrade for my '13 SRT8. I'd appreciate it mackfamily! :smile:

...I noticed otey said above that he was running a 9 lb tune, is this on a stock 392?? From what I've read, it is strongly recommended to stay south of 8 lbs with the OEM pistons. I have even read in several places that 6 lbs is recommended with a good safety margin unless you upgrade to the 'drop in' forged pistons.
I'm glad you mentioned the boost with this subject. Do you you know if the OEM pistons are the only mechanical parts that are at risk when adding a Procharger? I only have minimal knowledge when it comes to centrifugal superchargers. Are the drive train, rear diff, crankshaft, etc. things to worry about when increasing hp from installing a supercharger?

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,140 Posts
Could you please post a link for the Procharger w/race intercooler kit you used? I'm leaning heavily towards this upgrade for my '13 SRT8. I'd appreciate it mackfamily! :smile:

I'm glad you mentioned the boost with this subject. Do you you know if the OEM pistons are the only mechanical parts that are at risk when adding a Procharger? I only have minimal knowledge when it comes to centrifugal superchargers. Are the drive train, rear diff, crankshaft, etc. things to worry about when increasing hp from installing a supercharger?
https://www.procharger.com/catalogs/ProCharger_Hemi_catalog.pdf Procharger HEMI catalog .pdf on page 38. It shows the Stage II intercooler that is an option.

The rings/pistons are the weak links in the Hemi's, but some peeps change the rods too because they are stronger and already have the motor opened up. They have better bolts in them too. The drop ins are also nice because you don't have to re-balance the motor. Crankshaft won't be an issue. They are plenty strong enough.

The drivetrain stuff usually only breaks when the car gets traction and with the tire sizes on them, that's not usually a problem (it's been found that drag radials will tear up some parts and even more than a set of slicks because of the lack of sidewall absorption on them. If you watch a drag car with a slick on it, it wrinkles, which is taking stress from the drivetrain).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts