Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, bear with me here I dont know much about exhaust systems.

I have a stock 2018 5.7 that i want to put srt headers to. I just picked up a set of srt oem headers from a 2015 srt, they are 3". I know these will bolt on no problem but my question is will a scat pack oem exhaust work with them? Or do i need to go with like a flowmaster catback setup? I am trying to stay oem as much as i can. Any feedback will be great, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
718 Posts
You will need 6.4 cats/ mid pipes to hook up to your exhaust . I took SRT manifolds and cats from my Challenger Scat and installed them on my 18 Charger R/T .

·
Registered
‘74 Duster 360 4M
659 Posts
View attachment 995890
Found these off a scatpack. should work right?
Those should match what you already have under your car. You need the parts forward of that, the head pipes with the cat's.

The SRT manifolds clock the flanges different so a 5.7 head pipe won't bolt up. Not sure on the size, but I know the flange is different.

Where'd you find those? Like to grab a complete setup to put under my R/T someday.

·
Registered
‘74 Duster 360 4M
659 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,695 Posts
Pictured exhaust looks to be for a V6. Mine before Solo for comparison

A Guy

·
Registered
16,210 Posts
I took his word for it, wasn't sure if the plates was there or not but looks like is it is the exhaust hanger I am seeing. Found an ad on ebay using the same picture - 2015 OEM Dodge Challenger Stock Exhaust Taken Off With Less Then 3,000 Miles! | eBay

Funny thing is, I also found the picture here on CT - Sort of a weird muffler situation, advice needed
That exhaust is pre-2015, the last year that style of resonator was used was 2014, so definitely not a Scat Pack exhaust.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As stated above, that’s not off a Scat . why do you want to change the exhaust out ? there is no performance gain over what you have now . change the mufflers if you want louder .
I want to replace the 5.7 headers to the srt shorty headers. I just didnt know if I had to go full catback or just add srt mid pipes to my exhaust.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I want to replace the 5.7 headers to the srt shorty headers. I just didnt know if I had to go full catback or just add srt mid pipes to my exhaust.
A 3 inch to 2.5 inch reducer will get you hooked up . 3 in goes over 2.75 mid pipes and 2.5 goes inside your current exhaust pipes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts