Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just got a new R/T and figured it would have a much better highway ride than it does. Most of the time it is fine but when there is any wind from tractor trailers, side gusts and sometimes road angle changes the car seems to wander more so than my previous car did.

Is this normal for the R/T or should I get my allignment checked or something. It is almost as if I got a big sail on it and it keels over at times. Once it happend at some pretty high speeds and scared the heck out of me.

Around town it doesn't feel like it leans and the suspension feels pretty good. I only notice this on the highway when doing 75 or so.

Is it me, what to expect from a stock R/T or should I get it looked at?

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
My 2009 R/T with 20" wheels and stock suspension would "float" and wallow through higher speed turns.

I eventually lowered the car and installed Bilstein shocks; it now handles like it's on rails. No more float!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
....that's the same impression I got after driving a stock R/T. It's also the reason I bought one with the STP option which (I felt) had a better balance between decent handling and ride comfort.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hey guys, I just got a new R/T and figured it would have a much better highway ride than it does. Most of the time it is fine but when there is any wind from tractor trailers, side gusts and sometimes road angle changes the car seems to wander more so than my previous car did.

Is this normal for the R/T or should I get my allignment checked or something. It is almost as if I got a big sail on it and it keels over at times. Once it happend at some pretty high speeds and scared the heck out of me.

Around town it doesn't feel like it leans and the suspension feels pretty good. I only notice this on the highway when doing 75 or so.

Is it me, what to expect from a stock R/T or should I get it looked at?
John,
It sounds like you’re experiencing the deficiencies with the R/T suspension. We are very aware of them, that’s why we built the TVS for the R/T. Dodge did a great job with the car but they tried too hard to keep the car tame for the average driver.

If you ever have tech questions about the R/T suspension or our TVS kit, you can call us. Toll Free: 888-735-6425

1 - 6 of 6 Posts