Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a stock amp in a 2019 Dodge Challenger sxt
I already replaced all my speakers with infinity kappas and it made a huge difference then I added a kicker l7 and a Rockford fosgate mono amp threw the back speakers with a high to low converter
Now I want my highs to be louder so hopefully some one can let me know if there is a stock amp and if I can tap in it and put an after market amp with out pulling the deck

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,777 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) I believe the base system on the 2019 SXT is the 276W amplifier now. So yours would have an amp under the kick panel under the dash near the drivers legs if you don't have the 506W 9 speaker system

A Guy

Reactions: Luislemuz

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how did u install the iDatalink Maestro AR To install an amp ?did u have to pull the deck out

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SXT
36 Posts
Yes, there’s a T harness that plugs in between the deck and the radio plug. Pulling the deck is pretty simple. Pull the trim panel off and take out 4 screws.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I went with the PAC for my base 6 speaker 2018. I wasn't aware the IDatalink piece was available for models without the factory amp.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SXT
36 Posts
I looked in to the PAC Amp Pro, but it it said it wasn’t compatible with the 5” screen. It worked out though, I’m very happy with the sound quality of my new setup.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Cool man. Glad it worked out. I’m going with an all Excelon system. Shallow mount sub, 3 way active components, and amps.

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
79 Posts
I went with the PAC for my base 6 speaker 2018. I wasn't aware the IDatalink piece was available for models without the factory amp.
Is this what you used?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Is this what you used?

That's the one. However, if you have the base un-amplified system, you'll have to make sure you're getting the R.2 revision. The original model will only work with the factory amplified systems.

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
79 Posts
That's the one. However, if you have the base un-amplified system, you'll have to make sure you're getting the R.2 revision. The original model will only work with the factory amplified systems.
I have the six speaker alpine. Not sure if that's the base setup or not. I know there is a ten speaker alpine and Harmon kardon systems as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts