Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
OK, I must be missing something. Why on earth would anyone ever need to replace one of these? No moving parts.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Supercharger eliminates the need. SMS and Hurst are tossing these aside. They are in demand! Check the threads on customizing engine covers.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Supercharger eliminates the need. SMS and Hurst are tossing these aside. They are in demand! Check the threads on customizing engine covers.
Exactly... I recently bought one to customize for my car and set the original aside.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
OK, I must be missing something. Why on earth would anyone ever need to replace one of these? No moving parts.
There was a thread a while back were people said they took them off because they look cheep and alot of people said on there "Can you send it to me" Most of us would rather leave the old one in place while the new one is painted.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I got one!!!!

Exactly... I recently bought one to customize for my car and set the original aside.

You and I must be the 2 that he sold. I offered him $40 and he took it, plus the $17 for shipping = $57. Hmmmm i wonder if he would have taken $30 LOL. I plan on modifying one and setting the original aside also. I've kept all the original parts that I have taken off, storing them in my attic. The tough one to get up there was the exhaust, but after a little manhandling it went up there!!

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
You and I must be the 2 that he sold. I offered him $40 and he took it, plus the $17 for shipping = $57. Hmmmm i wonder if he would have taken $30 LOL. I plan on modifying one and setting the original aside also. I've kept all the original parts that I have taken off, storing them in my attic. The tough one to get up there was the exhaust, but after a little manhandling it went up there!!
I would have thought the exaust would have been OK outside.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
I can see R/T owners with several of these painted differently in order to switch "themes". It's a fun and inexpensive (usually) mod.

Jack

1 - 9 of 9 Posts