Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how much "abuse" the stock clutch can take with a blower? The reason I ask is since I've installed the blower I have done a few hard launches and have smelled the clutch afterword. I've not tracked the car, just maybe a dozen hard launches on some back roads and now the clutch seems way easier to push in. Not nearly as much resistance in the peddle. I don't feel any slippage but just concerned I've done some damage. Car has 14k miles on it. Should I upgrade the clutch pack? Thanks in advance.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
315 Posts
Change your fluid for one rated at higher temperatures. Once the fluid reaches it's boiling point the pedal will feel softer and shorten the life of the clutch.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Wilwood 570 racing brake fluid

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sorry if this sounds stupid but brake fluid for the Tremec 6060? Never heard of this before.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Your brake fluid and Clutch fluid share the same reservoir and upgrading it will help your soft pedal issue. Just do not let the fluid totally out of the system when you drain it or you will have problems.

·
Registered
315 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just took out my clutch on the Hoosiers. I was fine at 613RHP but I am now at 660RWHP and it just could not handle the track this last weekend from the very first launch. On the drag radials it was fine as it just spun the tires. I am upgrading to the SPEC SD80PT.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just took out my clutch on the Hoosiers. I was fine at 613RHP but I am now at 660RWHP and it just could not handle the track this last weekend from the very first launch. On the drag radials it was fine as it just spun the tires. I am upgrading to the SPEC SD80PT.

Wow you're about 110 more rwhp thank I am! I'm having my stock fluid switched to the Wilwood 517 tomorrow to see if that will help the mushy peddle feel. Is your motor forged? And did you replace you axels? Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.