Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 RT blacktop 6 speed that the exhaust was changed by the previous owner. I want to go back to stock, what years work and will a complete stock catback from an auto work? Anything else I should know?

·
Super Moderator
15,391 Posts
Get the catback from a 6-speed version - most anything from '12 - '14 would be similar.

The automatic versions are very quiet, the have different mufflers and rear resonators vs. the 6-speed versions.

the diameters for 5.7s are different from 6.4s, so you'll want the take offs off a 5.7.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information , other than it being more quiet, the auto version would still fit my 6 speed?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks for the information , other than it being more quiet, the auto version would still fit my 6 speed?
Do you live near West Virginia around the upper panhandle. I have a complete automatic exhaust from my wifes 2016 PCP R/T Shaker you can have. Brand new. Came off her at 200 miles and stored in my basement and it mint. Nothing is cut at all.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,391 Posts
Yes it would fit your car.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you live near West Virginia around the upper panhandle. I have a complete automatic exhaust from my wifes 2016 PCP R/T Shaker you can have. Brand new. Came off her at 200 miles and stored in my basement and it mint. Nothing is cut at all.

im in Southern California but really appreciate the offer. Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
im in Southern California but really appreciate the offer. Thanks
I bought my wife her 2016 R/T Shaker car for this past Christmas. Her being a Mopar chic and gear head i had to lie and ask dumb questions if she owned a new Challenger. Had to be Plum Crazy, Hood pins, definitely and Shaker and the R/T stripe down the side with a nice exhaust. Drove my DeLorean to the dealer and bought her car and ordered said above. Drove back up later and saw it for the first time and got to road test. Pressed start and damn was that thing quiet. I could not give her that car looking tough but quiet. I asked the dealer why I was so quiet and he said because it's an automatic so it has different exhaust on it then the manual 6 Speed. So, i researched exhaust and had just 1 week till Xmas. Called my DeLorean buddy who works for JEGS and bought the Flowmaster American Thunder system. Installed it Christmas Eve morning. Gave her the car that night. She cried! Haha. Yeah, they are too quiet plus I also heard because of how the engine can go from an 8-cylinder to a 4-cylinder and that's another reason why for the exhaust being so quiet. With the new system on her car and when it goes into 4-cylinder mode you don't really notice that much of a difference on how it sounds besides she mostly drives Harrah's in sport mode which keeps it in the 8-cylinder mode all the time. Love your car btw I am sorry for the long story....ok sir well no problem

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought my wife her 2016 R/T Shaker car for this past Christmas. Her being a Mopar chic and gear head i had to lie and ask dumb questions if she owned a new Challenger. Had to be Plum Crazy, Hood pins, definitely and Shaker and the R/T stripe down the side with a nice exhaust. Drove my DeLorean to the dealer and bought her car and ordered said above. Drove back up later and saw it for the first time and got to road test. Pressed start and damn was that thing quiet. I could not give her that car looking tough but quiet. I asked the dealer why I was so quiet and he said because it's an automatic so it has different exhaust on it then the manual 6 Speed. So, i researched exhaust and had just 1 week till Xmas. Called my DeLorean buddy who works for JEGS and bought the Flowmaster American Thunder system. Installed it Christmas Eve morning. Gave her the car that night. She cried! Haha. Yeah, they are too quiet plus I also heard because of how the engine can go from an 8-cylinder to a 4-cylinder and that's another reason why for the exhaust being so quiet. With the new system on her car and when it goes into 4-cylinder mode you don't really notice that much of a difference on how it sounds besides she mostly drives Harrah's in sport mode which keeps it in the 8-cylinder mode all the time. Love your car btw I am sorry for the long story....ok sir well no problem
I really like the way my exhaust sounds now, has glass packs and resonator delete but I just recently moved to an apartment where my parking is right under and beside other apartments. It's really too loud in the morning when I leave for work. Just want to be a considerate neighbor. Found a decent deal on complete stock cat back from an auto that I'm going to pick up. Thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts