Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put an intake & cat back exhaust in my 18 GT. I unfortunately never did a before and after with the performance page app to get a rough idea of any power increase. If there are any GT owners with a stock GT willing to give me data to compare I would greatly appreciate it!

That being said, I have a couple of questions about the performance pages.

1) is there any way to look through the vehicles performance history rather than the 30/60/90 second displayed?
2) where exactly is the dyno measuring the power and torque?

Thanks to anyone that can help!

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,702 Posts
I recently put an intake & cat back exhaust in my 18 GT. I unfortunately never did a before and after with the performance page app to get a rough idea of any power increase. If there are any GT owners with a stock GT willing to give me data to compare I would greatly appreciate it!

That being said, I have a couple of questions about the performance pages.

1) is there any way to look through the vehicles performance history rather than the 30/60/90 second displayed?
2) where exactly is the dyno measuring the power and torque?

Thanks to anyone that can help!
Can't help with (1). (2) the "power" and "torque" are derived values probably derived from "Load" (an OBD2 parameter) which is itself a derived value. It is available from the engine controller via the OBD2 communication interface. The engine controller calculates load based on various inputs. (My OBD2 reference is at the office and don't want to rely upon my memory to try to remember the inputs.)

·
Registered
455 Posts
I think 315hp is the max I've seen on the display but haven't even looked at that screen in 2 years or so. I took a pic & will look for it. I have 70K miles on my GT now should be interesting to see where I'm at. What data would you like to see?

20170509_091707

2017 Challenger GT Gs

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm curious to see what the stock GT reads for horsepower/torque in the performance pages under the "engine" or "dyno". Like I said in the OP, I put a catback exhaust and cold air intake in. I did it because the stock parts didnt give me enough "growl" to satisfy my taste, but now I would be interested to see if there's any small gains anywhere.

I get between 315hp-320hp on a 0-100mph pull. I never tested it on stock parts but I would assume it should be about 305 (at the crank?) considering that's the stock rating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts