Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I've been feeling like my 392 t/a has been lagging I've been looking at the performance pages and doing some runs. The most hp I saw putting out was 465 that was from a 45mph to maybe a 120mph just was wondering what everyone else was making?

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Sounds like you are right where you should be. You know it's rated 485 - right? This is not the max horsepower time of year...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like you are right where you should be. You know it's rated 485 - right? This is not the max horsepower time of year...
Ya its rated 485 I just want to get an idea where I'm at compared to other stock 392's I've heard some people going up to 490 or even past 500 but maybe those are just myths lol

·
Registered
2015 Challenger Scat Pack
1,924 Posts
Hate to say but you are just getting used to things. Every car IVe ever had I think it gets slower.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well, it may be if you have an automatic. It may be modifying how it shifts based on your daily driving habits. So you may need to reset your transmission settings to see if you get an improvement. I suggest a search as this has been discussed elsewhere. I row my own, so I can't help with direct knowledge.

·
Registered
291 Posts
under the hood pull fuse #29 and #31. That resets the fuel trims for the ECU and resets the learned parameters for the trans. The car will feel like new.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My 2016 SP showed 496 once on the HP & Torque screen in the 8 inch display. My brother-in-law saw it and I have not really tried testing it again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I get similar numbers from Performance Pages. I did some research as I was concerned like you but it seems normal.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
If you regularly drive your car aggressively, pulling the fuse wont make any difference. The SAE horsepower rating condition is for something like a 1400 density altitude, and it's well over that in most places this time of year so your car just wont make all 485 right now.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger Scat Pack
1,924 Posts
Something you have to think about, when they dyno the engine a machine is doing it and getting the maximum effort out of that engine, perfect conditions and a computer is shifting. 99% of the time most drivers wont be able to replicate that.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT 392
185 Posts
the most ive seen on screen was 497, and after a tune 502 (not sure how accurate those numbers really are).

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
..yep, that K&N drop in gave her 18 more.
Sarcasm doesn't convey well in text. Make sure to drop an appropriate emoticon, or a quick "LOL", lest someone believe these types of claims.

Even better, don't speak of oiled filters that flow less CFM than the factory (dry) Hellcat filter, or oiled filters in general.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Sarcasm doesn't convey well in text. Make sure to drop an appropriate emoticon, or a quick "LOL", lest someone believe these types of claims.

Even better, don't speak of oiled filters that flow less CFM than the factory (dry) Hellcat filter, or oiled filters in general.
Sarcasm initiates with the spoken word. Whether or not the idea conveyed is intended as sarcasm rests entirely with the one who uttered it, not the recipient.
As for my use of an oiled filter, you'll see no exclamatory data from me... you say "tomato" and I say "tomata."
C ya ��

1 - 16 of 16 Posts