Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the car in yesterday to get the oil changed. They said the tread was really low and I'm at the point of needing new tires... I only have 18000 miles. They are the stock 235`s on my 18in wheels. Is this normal? Its not like im goin out and doin burn outs everyday.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Sounds like service manager sales BS to me. I got 70,000 mile out of mine (exact same original stock OEM set-up and they were barely into a few wear-bars. My Girlfriend's dealer service department screwed her to death telling her she need them to replace her tires @ 20K.
Go elsewhere or look for yourself

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
Well, I've had the opposite experience from you. These stock Michelin MXM4's didn't last long for me. I got close to about 25k on mines. I was happy to be rid of them at that point anyway. This is too much car for those tires to handle at the 235 size, at least. Now the flip side to that is that I've gone to much grippy tires since then, but none have lasted as long as the stock ones. :eek: Go figure, right?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I got around 30 out of mine... and that was being nice to them.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whats a good tire to put on after they wear out? I want to upgrade to 255/55/18

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
After much research on this forum and the web, I replaced mine with 245-45-20 Nitto Motivos. Smoother, quieter ride, good traction, and longest life of almost any tire out there. I love them!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
7,322 Posts
My stock 235-18 Michelin tires have around 45,000 miles. They are getting close to replacing, but are still usable. I don't do burn-outs or go drifting, but do accelerate from 0 to 50 or so quickly from time to time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts