Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Stock R/T automatic 1/8 mile time?

21K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  A Guy 
#1 ·
What will a stock automatic R/T run the 1/8 mile (ET and speed)? Thanks

#2 ·
Depends a lot on driver skill. My 1st pass with just a drop in filter was 9.6@77mph. Once I learned how to launch my car, 2.00 60's and 8.4-8.7@82-84mph

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

Very impressive! Bone stock (with exception of the drop-in filter) it runs 8.4's - 8.7's?

What is your 0-60?

#4 ·
man, it really depends on a lot of factors, mainly the DA (Density Altitude).

not sure where you're from, but if you're running an automatic in 80 degree weather and your NOT in Colorado, i would say you can get consistent 9.0-9.1's in the 1/8 mile if you get a good launch.

the colder it gets, the better your times will be...

where are you from ??

#5 · (Edited)
Depends on DA, track prep and driver skill as everyone else said, I'd say probably high 8's to 9.0's with a 81-82 mph trap speed. If you go to Atco NJ on a cool day then you will be a lot better than that if you are high in the Rocky Mountains you will be a lot worse than that.

However with a few minor bolt on's you can drop that significantly. My last trip to the track yielded a bunch of 8.3 and 8.4's at 84.5 to 85.5 mph.

#6 · (Edited)
I'm in west Tennessee, altitude about 450'. I know that launch procedure, track prep and temps can affect ET (I've been racing for about 35 years). Just wondering what others with pure stock autos have experienced. Thanks

#7 ·
My best 0-60 was a 4.95, I can run consistant 5.1s.Not something I do very often...

#8 ·
My best is faster than any car I have ever owned, so that is fast enough for me!:burnout:

#10 ·
so in stock trim tires 245 45r20 and drop in filter what would mt time roughly be as my car dose not have launch mode so to speek other than puting foot on break and gas same time

sry i live in central oregon and have local 1/8 mile drag here in madras oregon and they say if 8.5 you must were more gear so just trying be safe and know if i need racing belts but dont want change car if i dont have to

#11 ·
A stock R/T probably mid high 13s in the 1/4, 13.7 or close to it. A 8.5 Eighth mile would be about a 13.26 1/4, so unless you have a unicorn R/T, you should be good

A Guy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.