Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to the track tonight to get some baseline runs.

Car had 550 miles on it. :)

Best run:

ET: [email protected]
60': 2.1

Car details:
Auto
20" chrome clad wheels with Goodyear RSA's
Full weight including spare tire

Will post video tomorrow. Track was not prepped. This is the best time I have seen a stock Challenger run at our track. Pretty stoked. :-D

Video of pass:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Went to the track tonight to get some baseline runs.

Car had 550 miles on it. :)

Best run:

ET: [email protected]
60': 2.1

Car details:
Auto
20" chrome clad wheels with Goodyear RSA's
Full weight including spare tire

Will post video tomorrow. Track was not prepped. This is the best time I have seen a stock Challenger run at our track. Pretty stoked. :-D
nice run! remember that after a few thousand miles, she will loosen up and you get some more power. did you air the tires down at all? i'm a noob to drag racing and found that i was able to shave off .3 off my ET after i remembered that i forgot to do that on my first runs :). my dumbass didnt spin the tires after being forced to drive through the waterbox, so my tires were wet from the start giving me a 2.35 60'. how come you didnt pull the spare out? did you have a full tank of gas?

i wish i could shift as fast as an auto:bigthumb:

·
Registered
464 Posts
nice run! remember that after a few thousand miles, she will loosen up and you get some more power. did you air the tires down at all? i'm a noob to drag racing and found that i was able to shave off .3 off my ET after i remembered that i forgot to do that on my first runs :). my dumbass didnt spin the tires after being forced to drive through the waterbox, so my tires were wet from the start giving me a 2.35 60'. how come you didnt pull the spare out? did you have a full tank of gas?

I think what he wanted to determine was a baseline and go from there to see the improvements he can make with other things like your mentioning.

:)

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
I had 18 miles on my 2010 RT auto and took it to the track. Lowered tires to 22# 1/2 tank of gas, spare in trunk, cooled the intake down with bag of ice, launched at 1500 rpm. Car ran 13.58 @ 104 60ft 2.01. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks!

I lowered the rear tires to 25lbs. I let the car cool off between runs. It was test and tune night so they did not prep the track at all. Everyone was complaining.

I am confident if I could get a foot brake launch with some traction it would run very low 13's. I was leaving the line at idle and easing into the throttle to keep from spinning.

Future plans include a cam, converter, headers, tune, 3.91 pumpkin swap, big and littles (skinnies in the front and drag radials in the rear)

Hoping to get some high 11's out of it and piss the Camaro drivers off that much more. :thumbsup:

Nothing beats an auto for drag racing. :)

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Thanks!

I lowered the rear tires to 25lbs. I let the car cool off between runs. It was test and tune night so they did not prep the track at all. Everyone was complaining.

I am confident if I could get a foot brake launch with some traction it would run very low 13's. I was leaving the line at idle and easing into the throttle to keep from spinning.

Future plans include a cam, converter, headers, tune, 3.91 pumpkin swap, big and littles (skinnies in the front and drag radials in the rear)

Hoping to get some high 11's out of it and piss the Camaro drivers off that much more. :thumbsup:

Nothing beats an auto for drag racing. :)

I see you have a 2011 5.0. How do you like it? My friend has a 2011 5.0 M6 with 3.73's, cold air intake, catback and custom tune. He ran a 12.4 @ 118 on the stock tires!!! Damn things are fast!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see you have a 2011 5.0. How do you like it? My friend has a 2011 5.0 M6 with 3.73's, cold air intake, catback and custom tune. He ran a 12.4 @ 118 on the stock tires!!! Damn things are fast!!
I absolutely love it!

It is my daily driver/track car. I have runs some 11's with it. Close to the same mods as your buddy. Here is a video of my best pass to date:

With some suspension work it should run 11.70's. ;)

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I absolutely love it!

It is my daily driver/track car. I have runs some 11's with it. Close to the same mods as your buddy. Here is a video of my best pass to date:

YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT 11 sec.

With some suspension work it should run 11.70's. ;)

Sweet, we are about to go out to the meeting spot for some racing. Of course this is all on a private enclosed Rd. LOL. He put a bottle in bag kit on it and wants to run me. I pulled an 11.89 @ 121 with my Charger on street tires and I think he is gonna kill me. :) He pulled 118 N/A so I think him on the bottle will be enough. He made 515rwhp and 505rwtq with the bag kit.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet, we are about to go out to the meeting spot for some racing. Of course this is all on a private enclosed Rd. LOL. He put a bottle in bag kit on it and wants to run me. I pulled an 11.89 @ 121 with my Charger on street tires and I think he is gonna kill me. :) He pulled 118 N/A so I think him on the bottle will be enough. He made 515rwhp and 505rwtq with the bag kit.
Nice! Be careful. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
245 Posts
RT... .817 :sleep:
60'... 2.104
330... 5.831
1/8... 8.889
MPH... 79.83

100% Stock; not even a CAI, Pulled Air filter, 26 PSI rear, 30 PSI front, 2/5 Tank 89 Octane gas, Auto Trans, GF in car.

How do you guys run mid 13's quarter mile? Race calculator with GF in car show 13.9 for me. my 60' is almost identical to the person who ran 13.66 with 2.1 :scratchhead: anyone who has a timeslip with 1/8 mile please put all info much appreciated

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RT... .817 :sleep:
60'... 2.104
330... 5.831
1/8... 8.889
MPH... 79.83

100% Stock; not even a CAI, Pulled Air filter, 26 PSI rear, 30 PSI front, 2/5 Tank 89 Octane gas, Auto Trans, GF in car.

How do you guys run mid 13's quarter mile? Race calculator with GF in car show 13.9 for me. my 60' is almost identical to the person who ran 13.66 with 2.1 :scratchhead: anyone who has a timeslip with 1/8 mile please put all info much appreciated
No offense to your G/F but I would let her watch from the stands. ;) Less weight = better ET's.

My 1/8 mile info:

60': 2.12
330': 5.80
1/8: 8.85
MPH: 80.24

There is a ton of factors that can influence results. Weather, track prep, car setup, weight, etc...

·
Registered
245 Posts
No offense to your G/F but I would let her watch from the stands. ;) Less weight = better ET's.

My 1/8 mile info:

60': 2.12
330': 5.80
1/8: 8.85
MPH: 80.24

There is a ton of factors that can influence results. Weather, track prep, car setup, weight, etc...
she weighs 96 pounds lmfao thats less than 1/10th of a second haha this week Im gonna get down into the 2.0X range, especially since I'm going alone :thumbsup: and just cleaned out my throttle body, I'm gonna run 81 MPH E/T or better and less than 8.7 1/8, on 91 pump gas this time with under 1/4 tank gas.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I ran a PB of 13.51 with a stock 6 speed, stock air box and all. It takes a lot of practice. I lost my timeslip but I think i did that with a 2.0 60ft and 8.8 1/8, so it can be done. G/L.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Never raced mine completely stock. I had only the MBRP catback my 1st time down the track in mid 70* weather. Ran a 13.48 with a 2.136 60'; 1/8 mile on that run was an [email protected].

Just to show you how much weather and traction can play a role..(still only the MBRP catback, but added drag radials)
I wen't back out in low 40* weather and ran a 12.83 with a 1.947 60'.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Never raced mine completely stock. I had only the MBRP catback my 1st time down the track in mid 70* weather. Ran a 13.48 with a 2.136 60'; 1/8 mile on that run was an [email protected].

Just to show you how much weather and traction can play a role..(still only the MBRP catback, but added drag radials)
I wen't back out in low 40* weather and ran a 12.83 with a 1.947 60'.
I GOT 8.734 =) didnt figure out the fuse #2 Chris but I will for sure next time I go. thanks for the advice, timeslip on General Discussion

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
I GOT 8.734 =) didnt figure out the fuse #2 Chris but I will for sure next time I go. thanks for the advice, timeslip on General Discussion

Thats awesome! What was the weather like?
And don't worry about the fuse, at the time I didn't know about it lol

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I ran a 13.39 with the MBRP and Mopar CAI. No times without it as we installed immediately after we got the car.
'09 R/T Classic auto

1 - 18 of 18 Posts