Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Looking for information on if I can determine if my 2014 srt8 Challenger has stock ride height or lowered?
Anything I can look for like colour of springs etc?

My concern is alignment. When I bought it last year it needed 2 front tires. so the new ones went to the back and the pirellis pzero nero all seasons with half tread went front. Tires are 275/40/20 stock rims.
I don't want to wear these out early if it was lowered and not aligned after.

Some angles I think it's stock height others it looks low.

·
Super Moderator
17,240 Posts
OEM springs will be satin black in color and (depending on miles / conditions) there's a paper part tag midway on the spring if it hasn't worn away

Reactions: Craag

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome thanks! There was tape wrapped around my shock for Some reason when I had wheels off cleaning a few weeks ago. Thought it just road debris till I noticed other side had it too. Was wondering of someone had been using it as a measurement guide?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya thats true just seems like a little more wear outside edge of front tires, more on right so thought maybe if premature wear could be due to lowered and wasn't aligned?

I'd agree though more than likely just soft tires getting near end of their life.

·
Registered
2018 TA 392 M6; F8 Green
136 Posts
Wow - I just erased that info because my car has been lowered as well. Mine is an ’18 TA but I believe it was 8.5” from the bottom of the front spoiler lip to the ground and 8” from the bottom of the rocker panels under the doors to the ground. That should be pretty close. It turned out that my car had been lowered 3”! Looks cool but the ride suffers when I hit a pot hole or dip in the road!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow - I just erased that info because my car has been lowered as well. Mine is an ’18 TA but I believe it was 8.5” from the bottom of the front spoiler lip to the ground and 8” from the bottom of the rocker panels under the doors to the ground. That should be pretty close. It turned out that my car had been lowered 3”! Looks cool but the ride suffers when I hit a pot hole or dip in the road!
Awesome info! I'll check that out. Were those measurements with the 3" lower?

·
Registered
2018 TA 392 M6; F8 Green
136 Posts
LOL - I didn’t specify. So what I did was actually go to a Dodge Dealership in town with a tape measure. I think the cars I measured were SRX plus models -
bigger tires and wheels and should be closer to ours in ground clearance. So those figures of 8.5” were for factory height cars. I’d be interested to know how much, if any, yours has been lowered, too. And - most of those kits are a brand called Eibach and can be raised higher or lowered if you like. But - just my opinion from your pix - I don’t think yours was lowered much; if any at all. Here is a picture of mine for comparison purposes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL - I didn’t specify. So what I did was actually go to a Dodge Dealership in town with a tape measure. I think the cars I measured were SRX plus models - View attachment 1025348 bigger tires and wheels and should be closer to ours in ground clearance. So those figures of 8.5” were for factory height cars. I’d be interested to know how much, if any, yours has been lowered, too. And - most of those kits are a brand called Eibach and can be raised higher or lowered if you like. But - just my opinion from your pix - I don’t think yours was lowered much; if any at all. Here is a picture of mine for comparison purposes.
Ya I'm leaning towards it not being lowered but a few times I've looked at it from certain angles and it just looked low, like lower than these pics I took. Maybe ground angle causing a lean to one side? No idea. Kind of sucks buying a car from a dealer who claims they have no info on mods or can't legally give prev owners name and number. Rest of car, other than blue interior courtesy bulbs is bone stock so I really doubt they would have lowered it. Unless stripped mods before trade I guess.

Thanks for the help and beauty of a TA. Love that F8 green too.

LOL - I didn’t specify. So what I did was actually go to a Dodge Dealership in town with a tape measure. I think the cars I measured were SRX plus models - View attachment 1025348 bigger tires and wheels and should be closer to ours in ground clearance. So those figures of 8.5” were for factory height cars. I’d be interested to know how much, if any, yours has been lowered, too. And - most of those kits are a brand called Eibach and can be raised higher or lowered if you like. But - just my opinion from your pix - I don’t think yours was lowered much; if any at all. Here is a picture of mine for comparison purposes.
6 1/2" front corners lip of chin spoiler (huge on this car)
5 1/4" near front of door at the bottom of plastic rocker. On a flat concrete garage floor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still hard to say if something like tires could make a big difference? 275-40-20 on mine which is oversized but that would make mine taller than a stock srt8 (minimally). Without mods. I've heard the srt models do sit lower than say the R/T or sxt v6

·
Registered
2018 TA 392 M6; F8 Green
136 Posts
315/35/20 are what I have on the back (Hellcat size) and the standard OEM size on the front. I’m embarrassed to say I don’t have the front tire size memorized and the car is not currently at my location but I think it is the size you listed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya that would make sense for front tire. So is that a stock rear rim or wider replica to fit a 315? That's beefy lol

·
Registered
2018 TA 392 M6; F8 Green
136 Posts
Yes, aftermarket rim to hold the tires; 11” vs 10” stock on the front. They did a very good job of making them look like OEM and for a very good price! I once had to pay almost $1500 for one OEM wheel on a Previous Challenger, that got damaged. Insurance only paid for half. Here is the original invoice from the first owner. I havre since removed the Nittos and replaced with all season tires.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts