Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Am having an issue with my diff there is a loud wine coming out of the diff want am driving above 50mph
when i checked the car in garage they said i new to replace the ring and pinion
honestly i dont know what is the stock ratio for the srt8 challenger 2008 and i would like to order as the same ratio if they are avaliable i mean as an aftermarket (solid)
i just ordered my LSD and i need to order the ring and pinion
please if you guys can tell me the stock ratio and who should i contact regarding the ring and pinion

i appraciate everything and thanks in advanced
looking forward to hear from you guys soon.

Thanks,
Moe

·
Registered
150 Posts
Oh yeah, if you're buying a new one you might as well get the 3:91 from the 6 speeds. Or try and find a Dynatrac Pro60.

This is what i'll be doing when the time comes again.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Pretty sure your car would be a 1:3.91 Getrag limited slip differential. The ring and pinion should be easy to find. I'd call SteveWhiteParts.

ETA, if at's an automatic, it would be 1:3.06.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
He has an 08 which only came as an auto trans car. I believe the auto only came in a 3.06 rear. The 3.91 was a 6 speed gear set.
Furthermore, the 2008 has a 215mm open rear, whereas the 2009+ have 226mm limited slip. There are aftermarket limited slip differentials for the 215mm rear, but not from the factory. I would go aftermarket or replace with a whole 226mm assembly if it was my car.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys for the comments .. i appreciate it
am going to order the 3:06 rear ratio .. am having DSS 1400hp drive shaft already just wanted to buy the ring and pinion and install them together with the LSD to have a good rear end and puts the power on the ground as am going for a 426 and upgrade my procharger to the F1 series :D

Thanks guys...

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I can rebuild a SBC blindfolded. I watched a pro put a new ring and pinion in a Ford 9". That's a job I would leave to the pro's. Besides the special tools required , it takes a pro to get the clearances correct or you end up with the same whining rear end you started with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts