1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Model/0-60/1/4 mile

SE 7.7/16.3
SXT 6.8/15.3
RT 5.5/14.1

I know plenty of people have time slips with RTs in the 13s.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Best documented stock run I have seen was by DodgeTony who ran 13.12 on his 2009 auto R/T with 300 miles on the clock. In cool weather with decent track prepping the norm for auto R/T's are in the 13.3 to 13.4 range.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
My stock R/T, except for an SRT Airbox and tube, an AFE ProDry S drop in filter, and a Solo catback has run a best of [email protected]+. Launch is critical, and hard to do even with a fair number of tries to get it down, and most passes are between 13.5 and 13.7.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,202 Posts
Mid to high 13's for a stock automatic R/T, depends of course on weather and track conditions. I started out in the high 13's and with a few bolt on parts worked it down into the high 12's.

·
Registered
610 Posts
in 93 degrees, Morosso. mine stock did 14.88, 14.90. with a reaction time of .800 (thanks to the drive by wire crap) with the trinity tune on 93 octane and 20% throttle increase same day around same time I did 13.88 with a .250 reaction time. the main problem is the drive by wire garbage.. i hate it.. you press the pedal and it takes forever to go for it.car is 100% stock except for the trinity which I didn't use in the first runs. and I had a suitcase in the trunc and spare etc..

·
Registered
610 Posts
in 93 degrees, Morosso. mine stock did 14.88, 14.90. with a reaction time of .800 (thanks to the drive by wire crap) with the trinity tune on 93 octane and 20% throttle increase same day around same time I did 13.88 with a .250 reaction time. the main problem is the drive by wire garbage.. i hate it.. you press the pedal and it takes forever to go for it.car is 100% stock except for the trinity which I didn't use in the first runs. and I had a suitcase in the trunc and spare etc..
i got the time slips if anybody wants to see them.. doubt it anybody cares for a 13.88 lol forgot to mention AUTO 2013 RT Classic with Heritage wheels and Goodyear F1's oem tires, supertrack package and 4000 miles
:read::icon_cry:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
You're not giving the R/T much credit. Hell, even the bias Motor Trend rated the R/T better than that.

The R/T is a solid 13 second car.
You should take another look at my post:

I also said: "I know plenty of people have time slips with RTs in the 13s"

I love my RT and give it great credit. I was just posting the official times from another "automotive" source and advising the OP that despite what the "official" times are, the RT is indeed faster. Sorry for any confusion.

1,931 Posts

The reaction time doesn't figure into your ET. Plenty of people have cut .000 reaction times with these "fly by wires".....I have never cut a .000 myself but I have gotten down to .001 several times and usually stay below .100.....just takes practice.......though I will agree I would rather have the old time cable throttle..

I would say your slow times are more due to a high 60' time and/or the density altitude ( D/A ) at the time you ran. The DA needs to be taken into account when comparing runs at two different tracks.

If you run a car at a track that has a D/A of 4,000' at the time of the run and it turns a 14.0 @ 100mph then that same car at a track with a D/A of 0 (everything else being equal) would turn a 13.3 @ 105mph. D/A is the main reason you see record times being made at tracks like Englishtown and ATCO where the D/A goes negative in the fall and winter..

·
Premium Member
3,679 Posts
Back in Mid July, 95 degrees in the blazing sun, Woodburn Dragway, Oregon:
14.28 and 99.4 MPH.
Full tank of gas, first time ever, lousy reaction time, bone stock 2013 Classic R/T auto.
But man it was fun!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Launch is key, it's hard to do right. That being said I went out the other weekend and only got a couple runs in so I never did get it quite right and I still got a 13.8 @ 101. I also did not track prep the car at all. Full air pressure on the chrome clad 20's, couple hundred pounds of subwoofers/box/amps and all my metal detecting equipment still in the trunk. Track was as slick as i've ever seen.

About reaction time: .700 isn't that bad depending on your track. Some tracks (like mine) .500 is a perfect light.

·
Registered
610 Posts
thnx for the heads up. I know I beat 14 times the other RT that was racing with me, but I could not for the love of me get a better 13.88 lol I feel the pedal not reacting when I press it. so i started to hold the brake and accel to 2.500 rpm and then drop the accel pedal and let go the brake when the tree went green, that gave me a better ET 14.00 13.98 14.01 13.95

·
Registered
107 Posts
That's closer to how you should do it. Load the converter, and then roll to the floor. It's a finesse thing though, don't just mash it. Also you may want to let go of the brake at the last yellow for a better r/t. Practice makes perfect and you may do worse as you try new things to improve.

·
Banned
1,428 Posts
You should take another look at my post:

I also said: "I know plenty of people have time slips with RTs in the 13s"

I love my RT and give it great credit. I was just posting the official times from another "automotive" source and advising the OP that despite what the "official" times are, the RT is indeed faster. Sorry for any confusion.
And which "automotive source" were you quoting?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts