Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Mine is not stock, but on a 100 degree day in Memphis I ran 14.5's. My first time ever at a track. It's a 6 speed and launching is truly the key. I only made 3 runs but want to go again when cooler and can figure out the launch. I believe that 13's are attainable. I also have heavy Cragar wheels.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Bone Stock 2011 Challenger R/T Classic 6-speed manual. National Trail Raceway Ohio.

13.81 @ 101mph

Corrected for elevation would be: 13.7 @ 102mph

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
And which "automotive source" were you quoting?
Who besides you cares? Do you even own a Dodge? You have a Vette as your avatar! Google Dodge Challenger 1/4 miles times and all kinds of stuff will show up from several publications.

·
Banned
1,428 Posts
Who besides you cares? Do you even own a Dodge? You have a Vette as your avatar! Google Dodge Challenger 1/4 miles times and all kinds of stuff will show up from several publications.
Well obviously you care or you wouldn't have posted in this thread. I know what Challengers are supposed to run which is why I was questioning the very skewed times that you posted.

Oh, and I am still chuckling at the "Do you even own a Dodge" comment...not sure what the relevance of that is within the context of this thread?

I'm done explaining to small people like you why I've sold my Challengers. There are plenty of members on here who have moved on from Challengers but still follow them to see whats new and upcoming. And I, just like them, do not give a s**t if you like it or not :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Automatic vs stick talk is killing me. Can't believe they're that much faster!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
About 3 or four tenths, at least compared to 2 of my friend's cars. It took a tune, a CAI, and a catback to get a friend's identical (down to the color of the stripes, except for the trans and rear ratio) car able to beat my car, and it wasn't by much. A bad launch allowed me to win. As soon as I put my catback on, I would outrun him. Then me made the next change, a CAI, and I would barely lose again. As soon as I added an SRT airbox and tube, and a drop in AFE ProDry S filter, I won again. We switched cars once and I felt his car was actually easier to launch than my auto car.
I always out MPH his car by about 1.3-1.5MPH, for some reason. I think with a tune, and some better tires, my car could hit a 12 on a perfect day, with a perfect launch.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yeah, the bone stock R/T is a mid-13 second car all day long.....at sea level.

...hoping for a high-11 second car after the supercharger.

·
Registered
482 Posts
If you can get a 1.9xx 60 foot, a stock RT on factory, street tires can get faster than 13.3s, 13.2s on a cool day at sea level.

Dodge Tony is the fastest stock RT on factory tires time I know.

You will more often get 2.0x to 2.1x 60foots on street tires and be more 13.4 to 13.6 ish.
Blow a lauch with a 2.2 60 foot and you are looking at high 13s.

But,
all Mustang drivers know even their 4.6L pre-Coyote 5.0 GTs are way faster than a big, flat, slow, auto RT. They think their new 6 cylinders are faster.

I ran a black GT with a tune, drag radials, exhaust, manual car and he was expecting to crush me. I really threw him off. Sorry for bad quality of video, but pause at end and you will see the ET and time. My mods were a K&N drop in filter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
stock i ran anywhere between 13.5 and 14.1. I had an open diff too btw, buddy of mine had similar rt classic auto with posi 3.06s, ran 13.29. the lower option cars are a tick faster but where talking maybe 7 hundredths. maybe

stock record.jpg

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
what kind of times do the stock rt run on a quarter mile?
1990s era V8 pony car time slips. If you're OK with that have at it.

If you want to be competitive with the newer Camaros and Mustangs at the track you're almost certainly going to line up against......you're gonna need to do some wrenching and tuning to avoid having those tail lights in view at the end of every run.

·
Registered
19 Posts
1990s era V8 pony car time slips. If you're OK with that have at it.

If you want to be competitive with the newer Camaros and Mustangs at the track you're almost certainly going to line up against......you're gonna need to do some wrenching and tuning to avoid having those tail lights in view at the end of every run.
yea stock they are not running times that are really on par with the 5.0 coyote and the 6.2 lt1. however they are much better as daily drivers so we have to keep that in perspective. The srts are competitive with those cars while being much heavier. Fact of the matter is rt challenger fits in between the 4cyl, 6cyl pony cars and the other entry level v8 cars. Gears, tune, exhaust your making others guys do a double take.. why is that 5.7 still here?? so if you want a challenger that people will certainly underestimate, buy a 5.7.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
yea stock they are not running times that are really on par with the 5.0 coyote and the 6.2 lt1. however they are much better as daily drivers so we have to keep that in perspective. The srts are competitive with those cars while being much heavier. Fact of the matter is rt challenger fits in between the 4cyl, 6cyl pony cars and the other entry level v8 cars. Gears, tune, exhaust your making others guys do a double take.. why is that 5.7 still here?? so if you want a challenger that people will certainly underestimate, buy a 5.7.
I agree with the idea of the car as far more comfortable. I also agree with the idea of the 6.4 being as fast as the Coyote. I actually traded away a '14 Track pack Mustang with 3.73s in back for this 6.4 Challenger. It's a fair comparison because both cars are 6 speed manuals. The zero to 60 is near identical. The mustang felt faster in the seat of the pants but that isn't revealed in the on board timer. I chalk it up to the idea of the lighter car and it's straight axle as just more violent "feeling".

The 5.7 is good motor with time tested reliability. It's got plenty of available torque to get you moving. My 4 wheel drive RAM has the engine and it's plenty for the big pick up. You're not going to win races with it vs V8 Mustangs and Camaros but then again........when can you ever say, "this car is the ultimate power house and have that last for more than a virtual minute?

Are Hell Cats fast?

If you said, "yes!"

Id have to ask, "Are you SURE?"

With cars like this coming ........ NOTHING we have today is "fast" and it;s a fools errand to keep chasing.

Far better to enjoy what you've got........ and when it's time to move on just do so .......the next car will probably be faster and you start this discussion all over again.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts