Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a 2010 RT Classic with Super Track Pak, and have noticed that at slow speed, the stock tires seem to pick up EVERY stone or piece of debri on the road and chuck it up against my car. With the salt on the roads now, it sounds like the bottom of the car is being sand blasted by debris. I only have 785 miles on this car (weather set in shortly after I bought it, and haven't been able to drive it for almost 2 months now). Has anyone else noticed this? I did put factory splash guards on it to protect the paint.

It is funny, because the issue is worse when the tires are cold. You would think it would be worse once the tires warmed up. It is making me insane because I feel like I am destroying the car with the constant "pinging" of stone on metal....

·
Registered
762 Posts
What brand tires do you have. I have a gravel driveway and don't have much of a problem. I would suggest installing mudflaps or guards.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Do you have the F1 Supercar Tires with the super track pak?

My SRT has the F1s and they are sticky and pickup everything on the road. I installed the Mopar splash guards day 1 and it is a good thing I did.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have the F1 Supercar Tires with the super track pak?

My SRT has the F1s and they are sticky and pickup everything on the road. I installed the Mopar splash guards day 1 and it is a good thing I did.
Yep, it has F1's on it. That might explain it. The two non STP cars I drove didn't seem to have the issue, but they run different tires. I did put the Mopar splash guards on after about 500 miles.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
My car sounds like the tires are coated with molasses and every piece of gravel gets stuck and slung into the wheel wells

·
Registered
49 Posts
same thing happens on my r/t stp. I coated the cheesy inner fender wells with 3m rubber undercoat and that helped a whole lot.When I returned to the dealer to complain, I checked other cars on the lot and wondered if dodge uses different thickness material for at least the rear wheel well liners as mine are paper thin compared to a chargers liners.wander if they would fit????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts